How to access HDMI inputs on Harmony of the Seas

We just got back from the Thanksgiving sailing and wanted to report back on this while it's still fresh in my head.

Anyway, it was really easy to access the HDMI source in Superior Ocean View Balcony Stateroom TVs.

First, your smartphone needs an IR Blaster, so that rules out all iphones.

Second, you need to download this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.peel.app

Best to do this on the first day, while you still have internet:

1. Plug in your HDMI device & then setup the Peel remote to recognize the Samsung TV
  2. Then, press SOURCE...wait 5-15 seconds until the sources screen shows up on the TV
  3. Then, press SOURCES again and then press OK

That's it!

The Samsung TV's on the Harmony also support Samsung Screen Sharing, which I didn't test because I played everything through HDMI on a small laptop.

If you don't have an IR blaster, then you could bringing a Samsung or universal remote?

Edited by GuavaTechAngels

We just got back from the Thanksgiving sailing and wanted to report back on this while it's still fresh in my head.

Anyway, it was really easy to access the HDMI source in Superior Ocean View Balcony Stateroom TVs.

First, your smartphone needs an IR Blaster, so that rules out all iphones.

Second, you need to download this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.peel.app

Best to do this on the first day, while you still have internet:

1. Plug in your HDMI device & then setup the Peel remote to recognize the Samsung TV
  2. Then, press SOURCE...wait 5-15 seconds until the sources screen shows up on the TV
  3. Then, press SOURCES again and then press OK

That's it!

The Samsung TV's on the Harmony also support Samsung Screen Sharing, which I didn't test because I played everything through HDMI on a small laptop.

If you don't have an IR blaster, then you could bringing a Samsung or universal remote?

Glad to hear that it worked for you. I know you had asked about it when we sailed on November 12th. Thanks to you we have proof that it works on Harmony similar to Oasis and Allure.

I brought my new Roku streaming stick and a universal remote with us on this sailing and watched Netflix at night with no issues.

The only surprise was no available AC outlet behind or anywhere near the wall mounted TV. I ended up using the USB power port on the TV to power the Roku.

It would work if you wanted to stream local content stored on your cell phone or tablet and you would connect to your Chromecast via a direct connect guest mode.

In order to stream Netflix in my room I used a portable travel router (Asus WL-300N) and connected that to the ship's WiFi using one of my Voom device package purchases. I then setup a new Wifi network in my room and connected my Roku to that network which allowed me to access Netflix. Using this setup when I was in my room I could connect my Roku, 2 tablets & 2 phones to my WiFi which then connected to the ship's WiFi and allowed me to use the internet, but only pay for a single device.

It would work if you wanted to stream local content stored on your cell phone or tablet and you would connect to your Chromecast via a direct connect guest mode.

In order to stream Netflix in my room I used a portable travel router (Asus WL-300N) and connected that to the ship's WiFi using one of my Voom device package purchases. I then setup a new Wifi network in my room and connected my Roku to that network which allowed me to access Netflix. Using this setup when I was in my room I could connect my Roku, 2 tablets & 2 phones to my WiFi which then connected to the ship's WiFi and allowed me to use the internet, but only pay for a single device.

I didn't even know such a thing existed!

How hard is it to setup? Do you setup via laptop or mobile device?

Fruggers,

For the tech dummies, can you tell me exactly which Asus 300n router you bought and exactly how you set it up to use it with the Vroom ship's internet. I would love to be able to bring my Amazon Fire Stick, tablet, phone along with my two other cabin mates devices and have them connected to the ONE Vroom network next January, Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...
I brought my new Roku streaming stick and a universal remote with us on this sailing and watched Netflix at night with no issues.

The only surprise was no available AC outlet behind or anywhere near the wall mounted TV. I ended up using the USB power port on the TV to power the Roku.

Agree, I brought my own travel power strip to plug my laptop into. My laptop is a thin and small Del that fit perfectly in the magazine rack under the TV.