NCL Sun Live - Nov 6, 2005

zydecocruiser

Will try to find Nadirah.

Re bring your own cups - good idea - they are small. in theory, you are not supposed to reuse - a little like double dipping. but they do gladly sell you the coke glass with the soda package.

for underwater picture improvement - think photoshop (or equivalent). you can download a free limited version from adobe and play a little bit with. think they have since limited the free license to 30 days.

as mentioned by others, liquor they liberate from passengers carrying on you get to pick up the day you disembark. the liquor you purchase from the shop on the boat you get to pick up at 6pm the last night. i guess that is NCLs way of encouraging you to buy from them.

the johnnie walker black label I had purchased through NCL before the cruise was $55 (+$3)/liter. on the ship, I think it is $29. at a real duty free store, maybe $24. may have to pick up a bottle to store for Christmas cruise...

Thanks Zydecocruiser...I will be trying to read these today. Really looking forward to your review...I can tell it will be full of unusual details based on your pictures! Hope it is up before I leave next Saturday. Thanks again so much!

looks like they remove the information/stationary book from the room the final day, so make note of the room service menu and anything else you might want to have access to. already had liberated the post cards and pen.

dvd in regular balcony? - YES! That's what I have.

nadira said she emailed reecently - guess the crew email has been down, but i will check back with her.

The missing link - chocolate man

MMD7ltJFdUsm57XFTPK3lmhzj0hUR2GA0300.jpg

The (now) world famous Nadira

+EUZAvtGXDkMc15c3rdlSDizXGrgvNFb0300.jpg

Again, great pictures....you must have your camera with you at all times. I'm going to carry mine around as well. You never know what might pop up that is picture worthy. After seeing your photos, I realize there are more interesting pictures than just the family. Hope your final day was fun....which leads me to the question, was the week fun?

jetskier - ps i did get nadirah's NCL mailing address.

did i have fun ??? hmmm. I'm one of those that having fun is a state of mind and is up to me, whatever happens, but having said that, the zydeco group is on the first NCL Sun sailing out of New Orleans next November and I already signed up. You betcha!

If you go to the liquor store on board and purchase liquour after 6pm, you just carry out with you. Store is open until 9pm the last night - not sure if they run out of stuff or not.

Even though the last sunset on this cruise has happened, the week still isn't over - YET! Still hours to go before I sleep... Oh, and pack :(

Cvnqve3ZyDkzADm1ZiN6-5jywFPw7jcy0300.jpg

2zhUt4rwE77qzKrfQgoxWMih2TrneQus0300.jpg

Again, great pictures....you must have your camera with you at all times. I'm going to carry mine around as well. You never know what might pop up that is picture worthy. After seeing your photos, I realize there are more interesting pictures than just the family. Hope your final day was fun....which leads me to the question, was the week fun?

Thanks, I usually have a camera with. One of them is pocket size. Also usually have a small pack with camera, smuggled bottled water, smuggled booze, ship plan, daily newspaper, yada yada.

One of your towel animals looks like it is doing a Mr Bill imitation, "Ooooh Noooo".

So what did you think of Nadirah? She had us laughing everytime we went in the gift shop. Of course I had to pick at her for constantly being assigned to the liquor tasting event.

Dave

Didn't spend much time with Nadirah, but she sure seemed like good people. Very fun and also very professional.

Mr Bill would be me.

Also learned tonight my name in Greek is pronounced Va-Silly (I think).

This packing and sleep thing is sure becoming a problem. Still have to check in with airline. Oh bother.

Way to many more pics and think I still have more to go. Haven't had time to caption, and need to prune some more, but for those with time on their hands:

Pics from Roatan:

5ufQv8uHmP5DF30HJafwGHGzU1rQvilQ00A0.jpg

zydecocruiser is presenting

zroatan - zy - 2005

(209 pictures)

share_button_view_album.gif

Click on the link above to view the pictures in this album. As the recipient, you can download, re-share and order prints and merchandise containing these pictures. Please do not use the owner's pictures in an unexpected way.

If you are having trouble seeing the View Album button above, copy and paste the link below into your browser. http://pictures.aol.com/ap/viewShare.do?shareInfo=esv4e%2b9w77kQNXM7EDZDvuGF8c1FEFi4nPwAy%2fFOBaxWGd%2bBXiXp6w%3d%3d

Way too many more pics and think I still have more to go. Haven't had time to caption, and need to prune some more, but for those with time on their hands:

Pics from Roatan:

5ufQv8uHmP5DF30HJafwGHGzU1rQvilQ00A0.jpg

zroatan - zy - 2005

(209 pictures)

Click on the link above to view the pictures in this album. As the recipient, you can download, re-share and order prints and merchandise containing these pictures. Please do not use the owner's pictures in an unexpected way.

If you are having trouble seeing the View Album button above, copy and paste the link below into your browser. http://pictures.aol.com/ap/viewShare.do?shareInfo=esv4e%2b9w77kQNXM7EDZDvuGF8c1FEFi4nPwAy%2fFOBaxWGd%2bBXiXp6w%3d%3d

Pics of/from the ship:

Hello! You've Got Pictures!

share_header.gif

3dQl+jodk1itwETjHNRg92q+zEn5sV+R00A0.jpg

zship - zy - 2005

(370 pictures)

If you are having trouble seeing the View Album button above, copy and paste the link below into your browser. http://pictures.aol.com/ap/viewShare.do?shareInfo=esv4e%2b9w77kQNXM7EDZDvqIfW5EhngK49dWYIE10sB9WGd%2bBXiXp6w%3d%3d

Pics of the mysterious Zydeco people!

share_header.gif

Oj4e66PcH4v08zQ0lu25t5sy68CojiLF00A0.jpg

zzyde - zy - 2005

(163 pictures)

If you are having trouble seeing the View Album button above, copy and paste the link below into your browser. http://pictures.aol.com/ap/viewShare.do?shareInfo=esv4e%2b9w77kQNXM7EDZDvpcinm6g6sMY6EoK0ZqHGn9WGd%2bBXiXp6w%3d%3d

Thank you for taking the time to post all these photos for those of us so interested in seeing the SUN.

We are on her in December and can hardly wait - seeing the photos makes me want to leave Sunday!!!!

Thanks for watching....

Bar prices off of the Sun. I didn't have so much a problem with the prices, but the pour.

share_header.gif

44lqaVp1O3uslZfBrKxjwr09iT3qE3kk00A0.jpg

zbar - zy -2005

(13 pictures)

If you are having trouble seeing the View Album button above, copy and paste the link below into your browser. http://pictures.aol.com/ap/viewShare.do?shareInfo=esv4e%2b9w77kQNXM7EDZDvqMqMHGeFGVPj3t7SePnWQNWGd%2bBXiXp6w%3d%3d

we were on the sun this oct,and the bar prices were outrageous needless to say not much liquor in them.I like martini's different prices in different locations, but what made me angry was it was the same glass.

we have been on the sun twice now.The first time was so much better.I don't think we'll go again unless the price is so GOOD.To be fair we were trying to out run Wilma. April 06 leaving on the celebrity.Galaxy)

:mad:The cruise lines have been watching this happen - NOT ALLOWED.

I never got my order. NCL says that they have NO affiliation with them. If you want a bar setup to call NCL ahead of time or do the smuggle thing.

:DI am on the Sun now and they are real slow at getting you answers - looking for a full refund from Wellwishers - calling Monday to see about refund and WHY I was told they have an agreement with NCL to bring it onboard. Miami NCL says they do not have an agreement with Wellwishers and that anyone who did get any alcohol thru them , it was smuggled through their provision (foods, etc.) as a gift wrap.

I paid a lot extra for it thinking it was a lagal deal and it turns out it IS NOT.

Back to smuggling - Bring lots of water.:eek:

Archived