Allure of the Seas MTD vs TD with Star Class

Nov 2017 will be my 2nd cruise ever and 1st on RCI. We will be on allure of the seas in the aqua theater suite. However we will have other family in sky class and some in non suite rooms. First we all would like to sit together for dinner. Would traditional dining or my time dining be best? Also if we chose my time dining would the Genie be able to ensure we eat at a time of our choosing and also able to get a table for my entire group (8-10 people, a couple hasn't decided to go yet)? Any advice here would be greatly appreciated!

Nov 2017 will be my 2nd cruise ever and 1st on RCI. We will be on allure of the seas in the aqua theater suite. However we will have other family in sky class and some in non suite rooms. First we all would like to sit together for dinner. Would traditional dining or my time dining be best? Also if we chose my time dining would the Genie be able to ensure we eat at a time of our choosing and also able to get a table for my entire group (8-10 people, a couple hasn't decided to go yet)? Any advice here would be greatly appreciated!

It might depend on your total breakdown of how many of you are suite class (vs non suite)

If it was me, I would reach out to the Genie and see if they could arrange coastal kitchen for all of you instead of the dining room (it's much better)

Others have reported success with the ability to bring NON suite guests to dinner.. However.. Not sure you would be successful doing that every night.

Just my thoughts...

I understand that you want to be able to dine together but it would be a real shame for you to miss out on the specialty dining options that are included in your Star Class package. If it were me, I would at LEAST try and get in some lunches at Specialty restaurants and/or Coastal Kitchen so that you can utilize some of the benefits of unlimited specialty dining.

Best of luck.

Are you in the 1 BR or 2 BR ATS ?

Either way, you will be able to have room service delivered to your suite for as many people as you want (even if they aren't in a suite, too).

If you are in the 1 BR, the outdoor table is not that big so it might not be very conducive however, if you are in the 2 BR ATS the outdoor table (especially on deck 8) is enormous ! I would definitely plan on having at least 1 nice meal catered on my deck, inviting the whole fam. The Genie can help with that.

I understand that you want to be able to dine together but it would be a real shame for you to miss out on the specialty dining options that are included in your Star Class package. If it were me, I would at LEAST try and get in some lunches at Specialty restaurants and/or Coastal Kitchen so that you can utilize some of the benefits of unlimited specialty dining.

Best of luck.

I agree with you. I will try to split some time and give the family a dinner but I will definitely want to try out the specialty dining since i am paying for that anyway.

Are you in the 1 BR or 2 BR ATS ?

Either way, you will be able to have room service delivered to your suite for as many people as you want (even if they aren't in a suite, too).

If you are in the 1 BR, the outdoor table is not that big so it might not be very conducive however, if you are in the 2 BR ATS the outdoor table (especially on deck 8) is enormous ! I would definitely plan on having at least 1 nice meal catered on my deck, inviting the whole fam. The Genie can help with that.

I am in a 2BR and that sounds like a great idea! I will definitely do this. It sounds like that would be a pretty awesome experience.

I am in a 2BR and that sounds like a great idea! I will definitely do this. It sounds like that would be a pretty awesome experience.

I read in a different thread that someone had Chops "cater" their room service dinner party and the restaurant sent 2 servers ! That sounds pretty great ! Not sure if they had to pay for the servers or not.