NCL cancellation policy/changing policy

norhel

Hey everyone.

Just a few questions. I've looked at https://www.ncl.com/no/en/about-us/terms-conditions so I know that we can cancel up to 31 days and only loose the deposit if we really have to cancel our cruise next year.

But I was wondering, if we do pay out booking partially pay (as is more than the deposit) for the cruise now, and the rest a couple of months before the cruise, what's NCL's policy if there for example is a bigger price drop that we want use? I've think I've seen someplace that if the booking is fully paid NCL don't can't do anything about price drops? Or do they not honor price drops?

Thanks.

Good luck getting a meaningful answer. Most posters are in the US and Canada and the rules you linked to are not applicable here. The US rules are very different.

You linked to EU rules and most of us know little about them.

Hey everyone.

Just a few questions. I've looked at https://www.ncl.com/no/en/about-us/terms-conditions so I know that we can cancel up to 31 days and only loose the deposit if we really have to cancel our cruise next year.

But I was wondering, if we do pay out booking partially pay (as is more than the deposit) for the cruise now, and the rest a couple of months before the cruise, what's NCL's policy if there for example is a bigger price drop that we want use? I've think I've seen someplace that if the booking is fully paid NCL don't can't do anything about price drops? Or do they not honor price drops?

Thanks.

After final payment, those of us in US often get differing answers about changes after a price drop. Seems to depend on the phone rep's interpretation of rules.

But you are from Norway and are booking under European rules which are usually different. So most of us on this forum are of no help in answering your question. Sorry.

In Europe/UK, there is a cancellation penalty from the moment you book. If you want a new price, you are technically asking for a new booking, so you may lose your deposit as a penalty for cancelling the old booking. Sometimes they are nice and they only apply a change fee (50 euros), but I don't think I have ever heard of them lowering the price of a booking just like that, for free. The only thing you can do is ask, but you are not entitled to any free changes to your booking. If the price drop is very significant, or if a much better promo comes along, it may still be worth it for you to rebook, even if it means losing your deposit.

I don't think it matters if you apply additional payments, or even pay your entire balance, before final payment is actually due. The same cancellation/modification policies apply in all cases.