Honest Opinion-Golden 5/16

djt22

to cjskids- please don't worry. We did have a good time on the Golden.( We just had a fantastic time on RCCL) The Golden staff is very attentive and efficient, the food was good and the presentation was done well. I was disappointed to see people in t-shirts in the main dining room and people licking their fingers and then touching the next buffet serving spoon. ( I used antibacterial wipes before I got my food and again after I touched my chair to sit down.) But, as I stated before, we met some very nice people while on board. However, RCCL's Explorer was more enjoyable. We did take advantage of the Rock Climbing, Roller Blading and Miniature Golf, and the cooking demonstrations. I missed the free soft ice cream machines icon_smile.gif at various places on the ship; and the parades, stores and the cafe on the Promenade. I did not encounter any unruly kids on RCCL or Golden, although I did not spend and time near the kids play area. I did not have a suite on either ship but my room on RCCL was laid out better and had a love seat and coffee table. So, in comparing the two, RCCL suited my family better. I didn't mean to offend or upset anyone by giving my honest opinion. Take care. DJ

Thanks everyone! I know that there will always be differing opinions. I LOVE Disney. We did 4 cruises within a year and a half and I woud go back on tomorrow. Our friends who came, like the cruise a lot, but also loved all their other cruises on NCL and RC. WE really got to know the staff on the Disney cruises. They would remember us when we showed back up 6 months later and one got so close to my kids again that he gave them a shirt he had just brought back from his homeland of Bali!

I so appreciate everyone's words of encourgement and can't wait until we board! (Of course it seem like forever, it's not until 10/24!)

Carolyn

I too just returned from the Golden on the same sailing.

First of all, the Golden is a HUGE ship! She dwarfed every other ship she was next too. I never felt crowded nor that the ship was small. The ship is over 3 football fields long!

I understand there are larger ships but to say this ship is small is no way accurate!

Second, by no means was the cruise for old people. My friends and I were worried about this as well and we mostly saw young people. ALOT of honeymooners. We are all early 30's so if that's old then so be it.

Third, it's extremely offending to others to say they were lower class of people. Maybe DJT22's and his families noses are a bit too high in the air. I live in one of the more affluent areas in the country as do our friends and we all thought the other passengers were great!

I implore DJ to stay with RCCL so that we don't have to read such an inadequate review again!

IMHO!

5/16/04 Golden Princess - Southern Caribbean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;16;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived