Last Boardwalk Balcony Oasis Class 9729 Info

I was very excited to try out this room. Like many of you I've received lots of information from this great site and this is my giving back post. Quick background on the trip, we were on the Oasis of the Seas going to Nassau, St Thomas, and Saint Maarten. This will mainly be about the room there are plenty of reviews of the ship but not too many about these rooms.

Inside the room was standard as to what you find in any balcony room. The bed was next to the closet with the couch by the balcony.

Noise.

When there were events going on at the Aqua Theater you could still hear it with the door shut and locked. This didn't bother us since we were either watching what was going on when there was noise or just in the room getting ready. The noisiest thing to me was the times that they played Football games in the evening. Another noise you will get very use to hearing and for some I could see it getting annoying, was the carousel operator ringing their bell when it would start and stop. We could only hear from inside when the door was open.

Balcony.

The real reason anyone gets this room. I'll post pictures and a video I took from the balcony below.

The size was standard, with the 2 chairs and table that fill it up nicely. I did bang my toes a few times walking around them. Most of the time we just stood since the class was a little dirty and hard to see through as you sat in the chairs. I tried using a towel to clean it off but it needs heavy duty cleaner to clean.. There is a piece of divider class at the aft side of the balcony that I wish was transparent instead of opaque. So for that reason we stood at the end most of the time to watch the shows and people watch.

I liked being on deck 9, we didn't seem too high to see the shows but could still see into the water and the helper divers during the show. I was concerned that we would be too low and that the aqua theater wouldn't allow us to see much of the ocean and ports. That was not the case as you can see from the pictures.

Privacy was not an issue for us, the curtains closed just fine.

Location.

For those that don't get around too well this might not be the room for you. It is a long walk from the stairs to the room. But this is a big ship and anyone should be ready for that going in. Deck 9 was nice to go down one deck to Central Park. Like any reviews of the Oasis class you read we quickly formed the best ways for us to get around, i.e. which elevator bays were the most used.

Please ask me anything you would like to know about the room.

Here is video i made on the last day so sorry for my slightly monotone sad voice.

Port Canaveral

20161127_131845_zpspfdk5zn0.jpg

At Sea

20161203_082214_zpshru0zz1a.jpg

Sunny Sea day

20161128_154916_zpsevwvdsal.jpg

St. Maarten

20161201_072330_zpsld9j8mft.jpg

St. Thomas

20161130_164828_zpsz7wqo6r4.jpg

Edited by generalchadwick

General,

My first trip on the Oasis was in a boardwalk balcony.

I was on the same level but 5 cabins from the end . I wanted to try it out as it was the only ship to offer an interior balcony, with a view out the rear of the ship.

I have since gone back to exterior balconies on the Oasis , but it was a unique

experience which I enjoyed.

Leave it to Royal to come up with unique ideas and magnificent ships.

Booked on the Anthem next .

Cheers

That carousel bell was definitely annoying! While we are glad we tried the Boardwalk Balcony, if we sailed on Oasis class again we would probably opt for ocean balcony or Central Park.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

DW and I both agree, while we enjoyed the room we enjoyed the ship more so we would probably just get an inside room and save the money. With such a big ship with so much going on we went in the room as much.