5 senses

has anyone recently had the 5 senses dinner in murano on the solstice, and what was your opinion.

thanks in advance

I haven't had it on the Solstice since 2013 but recently on the Connie last May. If you like food and paired with wine then I tis excellent. I can specially recommend the pork belly and the venison.:D

I can specially recommend the pork belly and the venison.:D

I'll second that although the pork belly is a huge serving for an appetiser. I had to force myself to stop eating it all knowing I had the venison to follow.

I have had everything on the menu in Murano's as we have just ordered meals as well many times. There is not one dish that I have not liked, just some that are better for me. The Goat's cheese soufflé' and the Pear Angelou are also very nice.:D

I have had everything on the menu in Murano's as we have just ordered meals as well many times. There is not one dish that I have not liked, just some that are better for me. The Goat's cheese soufflé' and the Pear Angelou are also very nice.:D

Yep - better than most restaurants we've been to on land. Service is excellent and food is quite yummy. Love the table side service. Though its been a couple of years since we've done Solstice so haven't checked recent pricing. Hopefully it hasn't increased too much.

I actually thought Murano was a bit over-rated. The food was very, very nice but rather old-fashioned - I felt like I'd gone back in time 20-30 years. However I think my perspective might have been coloured by the attitude of the sommelier we had. He was one of the most arrogant people I have ever had the misfortune to come across. So perhaps I was more critical of the cuisine than I would normally have been. We're going on Solstice again in February so might give it another try - if only for the venison.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ