New to Princess - Cabin Selection question

abowsi

I feel like a total newbie now that I've decided to give Princess a try after nine RCCL cruises...so thanks again for the past assistance and here's my latest question - I've placed a hold on cabin A702 (Aloha Deck)on Caribbean Princess. Looking at the deck plan the cabin seems to be fairly far back. How's the ship motion in that area on this ship?

Thanks again for any and all help.

We have sailed in cabins located in the stern of Grand-class ships such as Caribbean Princess several times and have not had major difficulties with any sense of motion. In fact, in rough seas I think it would be preferable to be aft. Everyone has their own sensitivities of course, and you can't predict sea conditions to any degree of certainty. I think the majority of people quickly get used to minor levels of motion after a day or two, and it's only those who have real difficulties with motion sickness who might suffer more than most.

Welcome to Princess!! When are you cruising?

The ship's motion there is not too bad. The more aft you go or the more forward you go, the worse the motion, although being in the farthest forward staterooms IMHO gives the most motion.

This looks like you are getting a category BB stateroom. The balconies on the Aloha deck are much smaller than on the Caribe deck but the category price is the same. Did you realize this? If you want some specific information on these stateroom sizes or have other questions, feel free to email me at kacruiser@ev1.net.

We really liked Riviera 722 on CB. Around 50' from the buffets. Swimming pool on stern that seems to have almost no use is just steps away. Only downside seemed to be some grumbling noise when docking (usually at around 5AM). This was our first cruise and we found motion was much less than we expected. Just a bit of sway in the bathroom with 20' seas. Kind of like a hammock. Actually the motion up in the Princess Theatre (in the bow) was quite a bit more. View was great and very little wind on the balcony. Great ship!

I realized that there was a typo in my post above, but you can't change the posts after 20 minutes. A702 is a balcony category BD. However, all of the balcony category cabins on the Aloha and Baja deck are the same size with the same size balconies, regardless of the balcony cateogry, except for those along the very back (aft). The balcony category cabins on the Caribe deck have the same size staterooms, but the balconies are much bigger. Often times the BB balconies are priced cheaper than the BD or BC categories. For example, that is the case with the pricing for our August 19, 2006 Caribbean Princess Cruise Critic group cruise. So it is important to check the pricing.

Archived