Beach, snorkeling, food, drinks

inga418

I'm greedy! I want the best snorkeling, fruity cocktails, great food with american choices, and sandy clean beach without a long drive. I want a great massage too. So many beach clubs to choose from. I would love to parasail also but have not found any options. Can't wait to hear from those who love Costa Maya cruise port.

Edited by inga418

You're not going to get great shore snorkeling along a sandy beach on Mahahual's malecon. I believe, if offered, that Tequila Beach still has the only parasailing rig. But I'm not a fan of their food, drink, service and pressure tactics to rope in people off the tram. You will get fruity cocktails, good food, great beach massages at any number of places. I recommend, Tropicante, YaYas, Barefoot Beach, Pez Quadro or Blue Kay. All take walk ups. All are easily accessible via the tram or taxi. There is a new SUP instructor at Ibiza Sunset who will do walk ons and beginner SUP. Good calm lagoon. Do watch out for the lounge hawkers who will attempt you to come to their places (like Tequila Beach) as you walk along. Any one of these can certainly help arrange a offshore snorkeling trip for extra $.

If you want good snorkeling as a first and foremost option, take a ship excursion up to Uvero Beach. North of the cruise port about a 1/2 hour and the only iron shore along that stretch of coast for snorkeling from shore.