Celebrity Blackjack Gamblers?

CrankySailor

A couple of years ago, RCCL made a big deal about all of their ships offering "stand on all 17s" blackjack games on all ships and all table minimums. Two years ago on Constellation that was the case, but I think last year when I sailed on Eclipse it was not. Anyone know if they abandoned the S17 rule and are back to Hit soft 17s? S17 reduces the house edge quite a bit, so would not be surprised if they cut it.

A couple of years ago, RCCL made a big deal about all of their ships offering "stand on all 17s" blackjack games on all ships and all table minimums. Two years ago on Constellation that was the case, but I think last year when I sailed on Eclipse it was not. Anyone know if they abandoned the S17 rule and are back to Hit soft 17s? S17 reduces the house edge quite a bit, so would not be surprised if they cut it.

You're best gambling odds? don't pass/don't come in craps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wrong game. Poster asked a question regarding BlackJack and your wrong on your post too!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Technically, Blackjack has better odds (followed by Baccarat then Craps). However, of the three games, taking advantage of the best odds in Craps requires zero knowledge of, or skill in, game play. Yes, OP asked about blackjack. My post suggested an alternative since OP seems interested in getting the best bang for the buck (and an unknowledgeable blackjack player makes their own bad odds).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unfortunately it is true that they don't stand on soft 17 anymore or allow surrender. I mistakenly sat down at a table thinking the rule was still in place and was not happy when the dealer hit their soft 17 to beat my 18 with a 20 on the first hand. I got right up and didn't play again for the rest of the cruise.

I stuck with craps as they have 3,4 and 5x odds and did pretty well (they count the odds bets when calculating comps too so it adds up pretty quickly). That is definitely the game to play on a Celebrity ship until they improve the blackjack rules. I'm not a roulette player, but they did have a european roulette wheel that only had a single 0 on it which cuts the house edge in half, better odds than you will find anywhere in Atlantic City, in fact only a few high roller rooms in vegas have them. I don't know if they still have them on the ships though as I haven't sailed since Nov of 2015.

Neda