Getaway 12/4 - 12/11 Speed Picture Review

CoffeeGoddess

Thank you for the fun review, looks like you both had a great time- which is what vacation is all about!

Do you know if there were any areas on Harvest Caye suitable for snorkelling?

Also, with your avatar, I figure you might know- where is the best coffee is on board?

Thank you for the fun review, looks like you both had a great time- which is what vacation is all about!

Do you know if there were any areas on Harvest Caye suitable for snorkelling?

Also, with your avatar, I figure you might know- where is the best coffee is on board?

I did not get to snorkel at Harvest Caye so I can't confirm if it's good or not but the beach does have a border of rocks and mangroves right past the pool area. If I was going to snorkel it would be there since it did not look like you could do it in the lagoon.

The best coffee is in the Haven Restaurant and is french press. Doesn't really help when you are not in the Haven so I think the buffet has fairly decent coffee for what it is. I actually add a bit of water to it since it can be pretty strong. I have tried the atrium coffee bar on a couple of other cruises but both times it was not good so I just avoid it now. I know other people say it's good but they may be ordering flavored things; I prefer a black americano or maybe with a couple of creams and both times it was very disappointing. Maybe I just got people who didn't know what they were doing because I have had a good espresso in the Haven and it's the same coffee, but I'm not willing to shell out cash again to try it.

Edited by CoffeeGoddess

Thanks! You're right about the Java Cafe, it can be disappointing. On the Pearl, we used the one coffee machine in the buffet that actually ground fresh beans each time and makes an espresso style coffee, so we got some travel mugs and used those to put the good coffee in, added some water and cream. Made a decent Americano. Mind you their cream isn't really table cream but at least the coffee was good. The Bistro also has french press coffee.

Thanks! You're right about the Java Cafe, it can be disappointing. On the Pearl, we used the one coffee machine in the buffet that actually ground fresh beans each time and makes an espresso style coffee, so we got some travel mugs and used those to put the good coffee in, added some water and cream. Made a decent Americano. Mind you their cream isn't really table cream but at least the coffee was good. The Bistro also has french press coffee.

Oh, that just reminded me! The absolute best coffee I have had on NCL was from the Studio Lounge. They have the machines where they grind the beans as well.

Love your review. I didn't see much about the entertainment.

How were the shows in the main theater, Illusionarium and Headliners if you saw any?

thanks

Didn't do much entertainment. I did enjoy both Burn the Floor and Million Dollar Quartet but those were the only ones I saw.

Great review! Love the pics!

Wondering if you can say more about your cab ride in Roatan? I know it's Mr. toad's wild ride. I'm wondering specifically about the vehicles, are they the open air variety or are you enclosed? I'm honestly not sure which variety is better when there are guard rails up and down those mountains, but, I'd like to know.

Also, how long is the trip and how steep is the incline, if you remember?

I appreciate your insight!

Great review! Love the pics!

Wondering if you can say more about your cab ride in Roatan? I know it's Mr. toad's wild ride. I'm wondering specifically about the vehicles, are they the open air variety or are you enclosed? I'm honestly not sure which variety is better when there are guard rails up and down those mountains, but, I'd like to know.

Also, how long is the trip and how steep is the incline, if you remember?

I appreciate your insight!

They were not open air, the taxis I saw were either regular cars or vans although some were not in the best repair. From the port to the resort I would estimate about 20 minutes and the incline was not that steep, nor were there hard turns while going up it.

• 3 weeks later...
do they have lockers at Bananarama?

thank you so much for all of posts. they have been very helpful! getting ready to sail on 2/19/17 on the getaway!

Yes, I rented one. They're right by the office and the office will give you a key. If I remember correctly it was $5 and a $5 deposit you got back when you returned the lock.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk