Looking for info on Explorer RFS

Hflors

I looking for any info about Explorer's Royal Family Suite. We have one booked for our upcoming cruise and am trying to prepare for any negative comments made by some of the people going. Realiztically can it accomodate 8 people (we have five, but one is yes,no, yes no) I don't care she paid her fare and I've told everyone it's non refundable! Is there enough room to eat at the table if someone wants to eat in the room. Can you sunbathe on the balcony? Are the 2 baths whole baths not a powder room? Being in a Suite do we really have a priority boarding? ANd are there any other perks that come with this suite?

I've had so much grief over this cruise I told my husband to have me committed if I ever suggest going with anyone other than him again. Any info is welcome. I'm bracing for some one to start whinning about how much they paid for this cruise as soon as they get on the ship! I keep trying to get excited about it, but it seems with all the contentsion that the joy has been sucked out of this trip! Hubby keeps telling me that once I go just to ignore all the complaining and enjoy myself. It's hard since one of the people going called me on their cell phone so their husband could yell at me about the cost! I took it, but my heart said to tell them where to go.

Everyone who read that last whine thanks for just letting me vent. It's hard when all this is happening.

PS Now that all the money is paid I don't care if no one shows up. I still have a nice cabin. And since everyone had to pay so we could afford this cabin the cruise from the time everyone said "yes" became NON-REFUNDABLE!

OH well maybe things will get better!

We weren't on Explorer, but we were on Voyager in a RFS last month, and as it is a sister ship and probably similar with their RFS, and seeing as no one else has responded yet, I figured I would!! :)

If you are going with 4 other adults with some of them prone to complaining, I imagine you'll get some grief from the people not staying in the master bedroom. The second bedroom is similar to a regular inside room. The two tvs in the suite are in the living room and the master bedroom.

Yes, the inside table inside is big enough to eat on if some want to do that. It has 4 chairs around it. Our room also had an outside table with 4 chairs big enough to eat at! Can you sunbathe on the balcony - I know on Voyager, we got sun and shade, and definitely were able to sunbathe at least some of the time. The 2 baths are two regular baths - one with a shower and the other with a shower/bathtub. Do you have priority boarding- yes!! That was a great perk. You also have concierge service as well, which I imagine the people in your room will enjoy! The concierge can get you your ice show tickets without you having to wait in line, s/he can book any excursions for you, you have an open bar from 5:30-8:00, a continental breakfast in the AM and, at least on Voyager, a coffee/cappechino machine that had the best coffee on the ship.

I hope that helps!!

Archived