Wyndham Gardens Newark to Brooklyn Cruiseport

bockad

We are staying at Wyndham Gardens Newark the night before our cruise. We can park our car there while we cruise. Looking for advice on how to get from the Wyndham to the cruise port. Our ship leaves out Jan 8th. Should I pre book a car service? How long is it from Newark to the cruise port?

Thank you

We are staying at Wyndham Gardens Newark the night before our cruise. We can park our car there while we cruise. Looking for advice on how to get from the Wyndham to the cruise port. Our ship leaves out Jan 8th. Should I pre book a car service? How long is it from Newark to the cruise port?

Thank you

Check your documents - the Gem should be sailing from the Manhattan Cruiseport, not the Brooklyn Cruiseport.

Book a car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo - there are online coupons. On a Sunday morning it should be an easy trip and take less than an hour.

Yes, you are correct Carol, It is Manhattan. I am calling the car services and getting a 54$ quote. Is that reasonable?

That sounds like a base rate quote. Tunnel toll would be $15. Turnpike toll would be $2.15. Tip should be 18-20% of the base rate, so you're looking at a total of $80-82, which us reasonable for this trip.

Thank you Carol. Have you heard of Groundlink car service? They were recommended by NCL and I got a quote of $49 and then I have a code for 20% off that would make up for the gratuity. Thank you for your help.

I can't comment on Groundlink, but I'm sure one of the New Yorkers can post about it. Dial7 and Carmel are large operations that seem to handle the interstate livery services between NY and NJ very well.

Did you look for Dial7 and Carmel coupons?

If you're on a tight budget and can manage your luggage, you can take the NJTransit train from the Airport to New York Penn Station and a cab to the pier for about $40.

Edited by 138east