Staggered Check In

Cruznjuly

You will need to select a check-in time in your Cruise Manager (where you do the online check-in). You cannot arrive to check in the port any earlier than your assigned time unless you are Platinum/Diamond or have purchased FTTF.

FTTF (Faster to the Fun) can be purchased for the cabin under the excursions area. The benefits are below:

• Priority Check-in Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes for initial embarkation at onset of cruise.
  • Guaranteed Stateroom Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have.
  • Express Luggage Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!
  • Guest Services You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.
  • Dining Reservations Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations (excluding Your Time Dining).
  • Priority Tender Boarding We hope you take advantage of Carnival's Excursions. If you choose to explore the destination on your own, you will have the option to choose a priority tender from the ship to shore.
  • Debarkation We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late debarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

I love that they still list Express Luggage. That is also a perk for Platinum, yet we never get it any more.. They dont bother to put the stick on the bags and they bags dont seem to get to us any faster than before.

Lately, we have just been carrying on our bags... can be unpacked before most people have even set foot on the ship.

Carnival Magic November 11, 2017: 166 days prior: No way to select staggered check in appointment time. 165 days prior: Selection was available. I've read reports from other folks with it happening a different number of days prior. If there is some chronological pattern to it, I haven't see anyone figure out what it is yet. I bet it is random based on what happens to the workload of certain people at the time, later when they're busy doing other things, earlier when they've got time on their hands.

I love that they still list Express Luggage. That is also a perk for Platinum, yet we never get it any more.. They dont bother to put the stick on the bags and they bags dont seem to get to us any faster than before.

Lately, we have just been carrying on our bags... can be unpacked before most people have even set foot on the ship.

I have to say, this whole "unpacking" thing is a big deal to some people, isn't it. It seems to be an excursion for some people to keep going back to the room to check if the bags have gotten there. They don't seem to relax until they know "we got our stuff"....Its just clothes, relax, you are on vacation :D

We are cruising on the Legend to Alaska at the end of August. I did my online check-in last week on Carnival's website, and to my surprise it asked me what time we wanted to check-in. I chose 11:30-12. It's been a few years since we have cruised, so this is a nice new option.

Ugh......still not understanding this! Can we no longer go to the port, check in, and wait for boarding around 11:30? We know the cabins won't be ready, but we can still explore the ship and have lunch.

The couple that we are cruising with has not filled out their info on line yet. If the times are filled, can they come with us? I'd hate to board an hour or two before them!

Please advise. Thanks so much!

Ugh......still not understanding this! Can we no longer go to the port, check in, and wait for boarding around 11:30? We know the cabins won't be ready, but we can still explore the ship and have lunch.

The couple that we are cruising with has not filled out their info on line yet. If the times are filled, can they come with us? I'd hate to board an hour or two before them!

Assuming that neither of you have FTTF, you will have to "Check In" at the time (or later) that is on your boarding pass. So for example, you have an 11-11:30 check in time and your friends have a 1-1:30 check in time, if walking on the boat at the same time is that important to you (I don't get it, but apparently that is important to a lot of people to walk on the boat at the same time....similar to checking for the bags so people can unpack....I digress) then you can "Check In" with them at 1 pm (you are allowed to check in later than your scheduled time, just not earlier). If you have the "firstie" mentality and you HAVE to be on the boat as soon as possible, check in at 11 and text your friend you will save them a seat on the Lido Deck

No they cannot, but you can go at the later time. They don't need to do their complete online check in in order to select a check in time but they do need to go into their Cruise Manager and pick their window. You (and they) must arrive at or after your designated time unless you are Diamond, Platinum, FTTF, Suite, or take a Carnival transfer or risk being turned away and forced to stand outside the building.

I have to say, this whole "unpacking" thing is a big deal to some people, isn't it. It seems to be an excursion for some people to keep going back to the room to check if the bags have gotten there. They don't seem to relax until they know "we got our stuff"....Its just clothes, relax, you are on vacation :D

That's me! I want my bags unpacked BEFORE we go to the muster drill. Then I know for sure my vacation is underway. Last cruise on the Freedom in April our bags were delivered around 1:30. If you have FTTF on your luggage tags, make sure the stevedores put the bright orange stickers on them or else you may not get your bags early.