How to lose the cruise weight gain!

Home on 4th, main cases still in car! Having picked up 'the Queens' cough and cold bug we dragged ourselves to bed and as yet have not properly surfaced! I blame an unknown cougher on the sunloungers.

Wasn't worried about coughing all the way home as every other person was the same. This bug is a horror and if you missed it well done!

A detox diet of water and soup should get the pounds off.

Anyone else suffered?

Yes all three of us are suffering too. The guy on the sun lounge really annoyed me he was coughing into the pink napkins! Urgh. Tried to avoid him the whole holiday as I have chronic asthma and cold always goes into my chest. Ended up in A&E last night on nebuliser as so tired could not get my breath. Now on steroids tablets again and antibiotics. Obviously the health declarations does not mean anything when you board the ship. Some people can be so selfish and no consideration for other people.

I think we all possibly a look around at one another in the airport and anyone we see with a barking cough hope that you will be not seated close to them.

As I have said on a previous post, we use Boots Cold & Flu Defence nasal spray. Using instructions on the box we have avoided coughs on our last four cruises. We also use it on flights with the same success.

Cruises are not cheap so very few people are going to say " I'm not well enough go on the ship" when it comes to embarkation.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Home on 4th, main cases still in car! Having picked up 'the Queens' cough and cold bug we dragged ourselves to bed and as yet have not properly surfaced! I blame an unknown cougher on the sunloungers.

Wasn't worried about coughing all the way home as every other person was the same. This bug is a horror and if you missed it well done!

A detox diet of water and soup should get the pounds off.

Anyone else suffered?

I got the cough and cold too :mad:

I think we all possibly a look around at one another in the airport and anyone we see with a barking cough hope that you will be not seated close to them.

As I have said on a previous post, we use Boots Cold & Flu Defence nasal spray. Using instructions on the box we have avoided coughs on our last four cruises. We also use it on flights with the same success.

Cruises are not cheap so very few people are going to say " I'm not well enough go on the ship" when it comes to embarkation.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good tip - will try this on my next cruise:)

'Normally' a cold isn't a big deal...its not flu...but this thing is the worst i have ever had in all my years (no spring chicken) adenovirus.

I doubt anyone boarding would declare a cold but this is the Queen of colds. The media says 3 weeks to get over it but in Tesco today the teller was on her 4th week. So there we have it you can be served in a supermarket and pick this up.

When you consider being cooped up in lifts or coaches (and planes) we have little chance. My promise to myself to use the stairs failed....

Wk 4 apparently goes to your neck and ears....(eek just checked a site for Plymouth and some are saying 8 weeks......surely not pleaseeeee)

Yes all three of us are suffering too. The guy on the sun lounge really annoyed me he was coughing into the pink napkins! Urgh. Tried to avoid him the whole holiday as I have chronic asthma and cold always goes into my chest. Ended up in A&E last night on nebuliser as so tired could not get my breath. Now on steroids tablets again and antibiotics. Obviously the health declarations does not mean anything when you board the ship. Some people can be so selfish and no consideration for other people.

I saw one of the waiters by the Pool (pizza place) sneeze into his hand and just carried on without washing his hand. Yuk Yuk

Just found the spare health questionnaire and yes the mundane runny nose cough and sore throat is on the list but as said how many would consider a 'mild cold' as worth a mention? The passengers coughing and sneezing on the plane on the way out may not have even been heading to a cruise.

On the way back no need to stifle the coughs....job done...mother of all cough colds nicely spread.

Might manage to get the cases out the car today...in these temps no need for summer gear!