RCCL kids club question..

n5749w

We are sailing on Freedom of the seas next month and I just realized that my two daughters will be split up for the kids club. I will have a 6 year old (explorer ages 5-8) and a nine year old, (voyager ages 9-11). Does anyone have any experience with the older child going to a younger club for a day or two?

My nine year old wants to stay with her age group but she also wants to check out my younger daughter's area (and also her sister). Are the cutoff ages strict?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Policy says no...however it's best to ask the Adventure staff once onboard...Your older child could "check out" the younger child's group when you drop her off...really no reason for her to stay in that group and she certainly couldn't go back-n-forth from group to group at will. The staff is very organized and this may be a distraction...let them decide. Best of luck and enjoy.

It honestly depends upon the staff, and possibly upon how full the kids clubs are. Some lines tend to combine the ages when there are fewer children on board. There is no harm in asking very politely on the first night if they can accommodate this request. I'd recommend trying to ask privately if possible, since they aren't going to want to accommodate a million different requests. I once read a cruise critic review in which the family's whole vacation was ruined because the kids club wouldn't let the cousins attend the same kids club program, and the children subsequently refused to attend the kids clubs at all and the parents said they were very unhappy about having to supervise their children the whole trip. If getting the children together is that important to your family, you should try to book a cruise line that will guarantee the children can attend together (or Disney that has really wide age groups). But if it would just be a nice bonus for you if your children can attend together, there is no harm in trying to ask while onboard.

Thank you both! I will ask once we board. It certainly wouldn't ruin the vacation, I just know that my girls would rather have each other there to play with. I'm sure there will be plenty for each of them to do in their own spaces. On Disney, I think they would still be in the same age range. Our last three cruises have been on Disney and the girls enjoyed the club, however, they were not that thrilled to go in them.

At any rate, as I've said, it won't ruin our family vacation.

Thanks again for the suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

When were on Freedom Christmas Week 2015, my daughter who was 8 used the kids club a lot(she loves it) but I did notice there were several sessions that the age groups were combined, due to the low numbers of children using the kids clubs. Being a holiday week, I think a lot of families just didn't use adventure ocean...but Katy loves it...so she goes!

They do occasionally combine sessions. When very few kids they will do it most of the time.

They will not allow an older child in a younger age group when running age specific activities ....if other parents find out they may complain....I would have concerns if I found this out to be happening....the cruise line would never risk an older child injuring a younger child when they were to old for that group IMO.

I have seen families ask this on several occasions and it has always been a straight no.

However; if a child is on the border of an age group I am aware of the giving trials of going into the older age group.