Coke cards for room service?

VegasCruiseGirls

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows if you can get coke delivered by room service and use your coke card to pay for it or if you will be charged separetly for cokes delivered to your room.

Coke sticker/card is for sodas obtained from soda guns. If you order soda from room service, they'll bring you canned sodas and you will be charged by the can.

My advice is to scout out all the bars near your cabin and just go there before you go back to your room and pick up a large glass. You will get the hang of the routine so you can maximize your soda card.

I bring a large glass to the dining room as well. It often takes too long for the dining room staff to bring me a glass and if they bring it, it is often a small glass.

I have picked up some terrific ideas on this board!

I plan to bring a large, insulated hot/cold beverage container/cup for both my husband and I. I like Coke and he likes Coffee, so it will work for both! I can just go to the Bar/Horizon Court and say "Fill 'er up!" Or at least I think I can.......???

Yeah, it will mean washing it out, but I guess I can handle that.

Something else I plan to bring is one of those 3-cup FlatOut Tupperware bowls that collapse so they are totally flat, about the size of just the lid alone. I figure that will work well if I want to bring food to keep covered in the fridge for a late night snack-attack or to use when sitting at the pool. Maybe I won't need them, but they take up so little space I figure it can't hurt. I'll know better on my second cruise what is essential! :)

I have picked up some terrific ideas on this board!

I plan to bring a large, insulated hot/cold beverage container/cup for both my husband and I. I like Coke and he likes Coffee, so it will work for both! I can just go to the Bar/Horizon Court and say "Fill 'er up!" Or at least I think I can.......???

Yeah, it will mean washing it out, but I guess I can handle that.

You get a free Coke or Diet Coke tumbler with your soda card. It's like an insulated cup, so you don't need to bring your own. It makes sense for the coffee thermos because if your cabin is in the forward section of the ship, then it's a big hike to the Horizon Court to get coffee and/or tea and/or hot water. But with a soda card, you can get it anywhere there is a bar on the ship, so there is no need to bring your own beverage container. The biggest cup the bar has is the size of a Big Gulp (or maybe even bigger), no tumbler can beat that size. Plus if you use the ship's cup, you can leave it any where there is a table. People will collect it.

It's not fun to wash out the tumbler that they give out when you buy a soda sticker. I usually bring dishwashing detergent and a sponge anyway because I have small children who use sippy cups, but I find that my hand is too big to reach inside those tumblers, so it's hard to clean it out. If I didn't have small children, I would leave the detergent at home!

BTW, the Horizon Court doesn't have a soda station. There is a bar outside the Horizon Court Poolside Entrance which you can use to get soda. Unless your cabin is in the AFT section of the ship, it's a pain to go there often just to get tea or coffee.

Something else I plan to bring is one of those 3-cup FlatOut Tupperware bowls that collapse so they are totally flat, about the size of just the lid alone. I figure that will work well if I want to bring food to keep covered in the fridge for a late night snack-attack or to use when sitting at the pool. Maybe I won't need them, but they take up so little space I figure it can't hurt. I'll know better on my second cruise what is essential! :)

Since the Horizon Court has 24 hour buffet, why would you need to store food in the fridge if you have a late night snack attack?! The fun part is to go up there at odd hours and see what kind of entrees and desserts they have. The only reason I would store the food is if they have food which I like but I don't want to eat it right away. From experience, bringing aluminum foil or Saran Wrap make more sense than Tupperware...if nothing else, you don't have to wash the Tupperware.

But if you have collapsable Tupperware, bring it to the main dining room and get extra crab legs and/or Lobster to bring back to your cabin for late night snack. It goes great with chilled white wine or dessert wine.

DD had a birthday on board and they gave us the small chocolate ganache cake. We couldn't finish it, so the dining room put an aluminum foil on the small plate and we stored it in the fridge. It was still yummy many days later.

You get a free Coke or Diet Coke tumbler with your soda card. It's like an insulated cup, so you don't need to bring your own.

The free tumbler is somewhat small by coke drinker standards. You still might want to bring your own if you are a big coke drinker.

As a regular coke drinker I would also add that the free insulated mugs are VERY small for a meal in your room. I drink cola in the morning so on the first morning on the ship I will wander around to find the one bar that is open and has cola. Then I'm ready for the cruise!

Archived