Kids Soda Package

Snowescapee

We are cruising with my nephew next month on Getaway. Our previous cruise with him was on a Celebrity ship so he was able to get a drink package that allowed him to get soda as well as smoothies, virgin piña coladas, etc. Am I right to assume the soda package on NCL is just that? What am I going to pay to get him a "fun" drink?

as a second in the cabin the 2 nd passenger would be entitled to the unlimited beverage package. If they are under 21 they should be able to get the beverage package without alcohol which would include smoothies. My son doesn't drink soda and would like a smoothie but it's not included in the soda package. I guess it's free but he would get more use out of the Internet package

as a second in the cabin the 2 nd passenger would be entitled to the unlimited beverage package. If they are under 21 they should be able to get the beverage package without alcohol which would include smoothies. My son doesn't drink soda and would like a smoothie but it's not included in the soda package. I guess it's free but he would get more use out of the Internet package

While I agree with that what you are saying makes sense, I'm pretty sure that if one of the 1st two passengers is under 21 they only get the soda package. So would not choose UBP under the assumption he would have access to virgin frozen drinks.

In this case he's the 3rd passenger. We (1st and 2nd) have the UDP. Glad to hear Shirley Temples are included. $5 isn't bad for a Frozen drink, I just wish they offered a package that included them... Drinking pop all day isn't ideal :(

I agree! I know its funny to say I would rather them have a virgin drink than soda but it's their vacation too! I actually emailed ncl and made the suggestion they add a beverage package that includes non-alcoholic drinks. I got a call from ncl about 3 weeks after I sent the email saying they would forward my suggestion to the higher ups...but that's all I heard. My girls loved RCL since they were able to get those "fancy" drinks!!

I wish they had a fancy NA drink package too! I feel like it'd be great not only for kids, but also for those of us who are in recovery. I mean, $5/each isn't a huge cost, but I'd love to pre-pay and not have to think about it for the entire week. I know RCL offers a package like that - it includes specialty coffee, NA cocktails and fresh squeezed juice. I'd absolutely love to see NCL expand their offerings to include something similar.

Celebrity does it...and as you said RCL does it (I know my older nephew bought that package last year on their family cruise). There's so many people beyond just kids that would be able to take advantage of it...so many people don't drink for a variety of reasons but would like to be able to have a special drink instead of just drinking soda the whole cruise or having to watch their account for all the extra charges. It's a shame that NCL isn't offering this :(