Need Restaurant recommendation near TAMPA Airport

Cro_and_Swan

If anyone has a recommendation for a slightly late dinner (8:30 ish probably) after I'm picked up at the Tampa Airport on a Thursday evening, please let me know.

I'm not terribly picky ... not looking for anything in particular ... but I just know I'll be hungry and don't want to end up at a fast food drive-thru. Something non-chain would be great, but even a chain restaurant with a good recommendation would beat just randomly GPSing something.

Thanks!

I think the kitchen at Coopers Hawk on Boy Scout Blvd is open until 9:30P on weekdays. Good place to go if around TPA. Yah Mon is another, it's off the Seminole Expressway heading toward downtown, but not far. Both places should have websites and hours listed.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd post back that we ended up at The Pub ... an English Pub style restaurant at International Plaza and Bay Street. It was good basic slightly upscale small 'chain' type Pub food. Nothing great but nothing bad at all. I'd read some good reviews and I'd say my impression was fairly good quality but nothing particularly unique or special.

There are a TON of other restaurants in the immediate area, so for anyone else who happens to stumble across this thread looking for a restaurant near the Tamp Airport, check out International Plaza for the Cheesecake Factory, Capitol Grille (yummmm), Bar Louie, Ocean Prime, Cooper's Hawk (which we did see and I remembered the recommendation, but Cro was more interested in the Pub) and many many more. I'm not sure which would be considered more local ... most seemed very 'corporate' maybe 'small chain'-ish ... and of course a few like CCF are definitely chain. But anyway, decent meal.