Hump Cabins on Oasis

lonig

I made reservations in August for a cruise to the Eastern Caribbean on Oasis in March. The only balcony cabins I wanted were in the FWD of the ship. In mid December I looked on line and cabins had become available on the hump on Deck 10 and were only $122 more than the FWD I booked last August. So I called my travel agent and because I was in the free cancellation period I was able to rebook for a hump cabin mid ship. I looked again this morning and many hump cabins were available on Decks 6 and 7 for about $200 more than I paid in December. Apparently someone is reserving these cabins and cancelling or Princess is providing these good cabins to agencies and when they cannot sell them they are released. Does anyone know the actual reasons for this type of situation. Shame that you cannot book what you want when you sign up, but if you keep looking you can find something closer to the actual sailing date. Any thoughts? don't get me wrong, I was delighted to find a hump cabin as late as I did, but is someone screwing around with the reservations, or is Princess holding these back so they can book people at a higher price closer to the sailing date?

Edited by lonig

I made reservations in August for a cruise to the Eastern Caribbean on Oasis in March. The only balcony cabins I wanted were in the FWD of the ship. In mid December I looked on line and cabins had become available on the hump on Deck 10 and were only $122 more than the FWD I booked last August. So I called my travel agent and because I was in the free cancellation period I was able to rebook for a hump cabin mid ship. I looked again this morning and many hump cabins were available on Decks 6 and 7 for about $200 more than I paid in December. Apparently someone is reserving these cabins and cancelling or Princess is providing these good cabins to agencies and when they cannot sell them they are released. Does anyone know the actual reasons for this type of situation. Shame that you cannot book what you want when you sign up, but if you keep looking you can find something closer to the actual sailing date. Any thoughts? don't get me wrong, I was delighted to find a hump cabin as late as I did, but is someone screwing around with the reservations, or is Princess holding these back so they can book people at a higher price closer to the sailing date?

I doubt Princess gets very involved with booking staterooms on Oasis.;)

Seriously, there's no way to predict what kinds of staterooms will be open when. Could be travel agencies are giving back group space.