LIVE Oasis of the Seas - January 15 to 22nd

We are cruising the Oasis end of April we last cruised back in 2009 and it was on the Oasis inaugural- been a long time. We are excited to see the changes since we were last on. Can you tell me how the food is overall in the MDR. We will be eating here the bulk of our time with only Chops and Giovanni's table booked- we loved those 2 places from last time. Also, since she is now sailing out of Port Canaveral- how is the process of embarkation there? We like to arrive early and do they have a special place for priority boarding?? After this cruise we will be emerald and I was just wondering how the process went. Do you know what took the place of the cupcake cuboard?? Not sure what is there now. Thanks again.

We are cruising the Oasis end of April we last cruised back in 2009 and it was on the Oasis inaugural- been a long time. We are excited to see the changes since we were last on. Can you tell me how the food is overall in the MDR. We will be eating here the bulk of our time with only Chops and Giovanni's table booked- we loved those 2 places from last time. Also, since she is now sailing out of Port Canaveral- how is the process of embarkation there? We like to arrive early and do they have a special place for priority boarding?? After this cruise we will be emerald and I was just wondering how the process went. Do you know what took the place of the cupcake cuboard?? Not sure what is there now. Thanks again.

I personally found the food great in the MDR. I ate there 3 times each time having something different. It was very good! I did Chops. I'll be doing it again tonight. The filet was fall apart good! I never did try Giovanni's so I can't talk about it. I do know from a fellow cruiser that if you have the eat, play, dine deal then you get a different menu thank the regular menu.

I found it easier than Miami. Miami was extremely busy and crowded. I have heard that there were long lines for shuttles and it took forever to get dropped off. I was there fairly early so I didn't notice it myself. From what I noticed there was a reserved area for Diamond Plus and suite guests but everyone else was in the same holding area. You will be boarding before the general boarding because of your C&A status as it goes b2b, wedding parties, pinnacle & suites then C&A status. The families and those needing assistance are mixed in their somewhere as well. Then non C&A guests.

I was general boarding group 2 and it was quick. I was on board by 11;30 I think. Was cupcake cupboard on the boardwalk across from the dog house? If it was then it's now cups and scoops. Ice cream and cupcakes for a fee

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I personally found the food great in the MDR. I ate there 3 times each time having something different. It was very good! I did Chops. I'll be doing it again tonight. The filet was fall apart good! I never did try Giovanni's so I can't talk about it. I do know from a fellow cruiser that if you have the eat, play, dine deal then you get a different menu thank the regular menu.

I found it easier than Miami. Miami was extremely busy and crowded. I have heard that there were long lines for shuttles and it took forever to get dropped off. I was there fairly early so I didn't notice it myself. From what I noticed there was a reserved area for Diamond Plus and suite guests but everyone else was in the same holding area. You will be boarding before the general boarding because of your C&A status as it goes b2b, wedding parties, pinnacle & suites then C&A status. The families and those needing assistance are mixed in their somewhere as well. Then non C&A guests.

I was general boarding group 2 and it was quick. I was on board by 11;30 I think. Was cupcake cupboard on the boardwalk across from the dog house? If it was then it's now cups and scoops. Ice cream and cupcakes for a fee

Gee thanks for the warning about embarkation, that makes me so nervous. What time did you get to the port? We will plan to get to port early. We are staying at the Raddison and will take the earliest shuttle possible. The cupcake place was on the royal promenade so I will have to see on deck plans what went in its place. Do they assign you boarding groups and how is this done?? I just want to be onboard as early as I can. I literally can't wait for the days to go by and our cruise to be here. :)

Gee thanks for the warning about embarkation, that makes me so nervous. What time did you get to the port? We will plan to get to port early. We are staying at the Raddison and will take the earliest shuttle possible. The cupcake place was on the royal promenade so I will have to see on deck plans what went in its place. Do they assign you boarding groups and how is this done?? I just want to be onboard as early as I can. I literally can't wait for the days to go by and our cruise to be here. :)

I was at port at 9:30 or 9:45. I had to return a rental car so I knew I needed time to do that and get to port. I got a ticket when I checked in that was green and said group 2. Green was general boarding. I can't speak to how it worked for C&A status and check in.

They told me in the terminal they were expecting to start boarding at 10:45. They were later starting but it was quick once they did start boarding.

I was at port at 9:30 or 9:45. I had to return a rental car so I knew I needed time to do that and get to port. I got a ticket when I checked in that was green and said group 2. Green was general boarding. I can't speak to how it worked for C&A status and check in.

They told me in the terminal they were expecting to start boarding at 10:45. They were later starting but it was quick once they did start boarding.

This is just so different that Port Everglades- well, I guess I will just arrive early and hope we are among the first. I know we will have the suite guests, PC, D+ D and emerald go before us....but hopefully that won't be too bad. Thanks for all the updated information. It helps a lot.

This is just so different that Port Everglades- well, I guess I will just arrive early and hope we are among the first. I know we will have the suite guests, PC, D+ D and emerald go before us....but hopefully that won't be too bad. Thanks for all the updated information. It helps a lot.

When you walk in the terminal you are divided according to deck so make sure you go to the right side for check in.

Welcome back and thanks for taking us along.

Please let us know how your disembarkation goes. We did self assist on the Oasis last month and it did not go very smoothly. It took an hour to get off the ship and thru customs. When the ship was down in Ft Lauderdale it went very quickly.

Welcome back and thanks for taking us along.

Please let us know how your disembarkation goes. We did self assist on the Oasis last month and it did not go very smoothly. It took an hour to get off the ship and thru customs. When the ship was down in Ft Lauderdale it went very quickly.

We were back in port early last night (around 5am I think) so they were able to start the self-disembarkation earlier. People were leaving the ship at 6:30am. We should be starting disembarking the groups soon. I opted for the last group which is scheduled for 10:30am. I'll let you know how it goes.