Good Ocho Rios Options for Teen and Grandmother

OceansOfTravels

Hello,

I am 16 and will be cruising on the MSC Divina with my grandmother in August. I have been to Jamaica before, but she has not. When I came back in 2014 with my parents, we went river tubing with Chukka and had a great time. While I would love to climb Dunns River Falls, that is something I know that my grandmother cannot do. She said she is fine with a beach day, but that is the option that we both decided would be our last-resort (pun intended). Can anyone recommend a good thing do to while docked in Ocho Rios for the day that doesn't involve an insane amount of physical activity? My gram can do heat for a while as long as she can get air conditioning and sit down occasionally. She can walk far, but not too far up inclines. She doesn't prefer to snorkel, but she did say if I could find an excursion that is something along the lines of a catamaran trip with a snorkel stop or two, and then beach time, she would love that, and opt to enjoy the boat while I snorkeled. I would also like to add that I am very interested in Bob Marley and general history, so a land day tour is also not out of the question, just physical activity permitting. We could book through the cruise line, but I have found some of my favorite excursions by perusing these boards, and have saved my family lots of money in the process.

Thank you in advance for any help or info anyone can provide! :)

I don't have any suggestions for you but I do want to acknowledge your dedication to your Grandmother. That attitude will serve you well in life. Whatever you choose to do with her I know it will create memories you both will cherish all of your days. May they be many.

I don't have any suggestions for you but I do want to acknowledge your dedication to your Grandmother. That attitude will serve you well in life. Whatever you choose to do with her I know it will create memories you both will cherish all of your days. May they be many.

Thank you so much for the kind comment. Happy cruising. :)