Kid Friendly Miami Hotel

BethV114

We are sailing MSC Divina from Miami 4/8. We plan to fly in at least Friday, 4/7 on a morning flight, with a slight possibility of a later day flight on Thursday, 4/6 depending on flight pricing. We disembark on Saturday, 4/15 and will likely stay overnight, flying home on Sunday, 4/16. We find that flying in the day ahead and flying out the day after the cruise gives the kids in our group (ages 7-13) a bit of extra time to decompress.

All of that being said - we are looking for a moderately priced, clean and safe hotel in Miami that has a good pool area the kids can enjoy. Ideally, the hotel would have shuttle from the airport and to the cruise ship terminal (fee is okay). Located within walking distance to restaurants for dinner would be a plus.

Thank you!

Your dates are right around Easter when everyone else will be on vacation :eek: -- book something ASAP! ;)

Downtown hotels that meet your needs include a couple in the Mary Brickell area (Hampton Inn, etc.), the Hyatt, Doubletree and next door Marriott, and the Intercontinental. None includes either airport or port shuttles - taxi from MIA to hotel will be about $25-30 and taxi to the port will run about $12+ (mini-van/SUV cabs are the same fare as regular cabs if you need the room)

If your budget will swing it I would look at hotel in Miami Beach - with youngsters you are probably better off staying north of South Beach and maybe using Uber or the bus to visit SB during the day for lunch/sightseeing.

Unless you are flying in late and just want dinner and a room I would avoid MIA airport hotels.

Kid-friendly - A pool area the kids can enjoy spending the afternoon by. When we stayed pre/post cruise in San Juan last year, the hotel had a great water slide and access to the beach. The kids loved it.

Price - We're all on a budget. I want to say around $200 per night, but I know the dates we are traveling around will make that difficult. Something moderate such as Courtyard, Springhill, Residence Inn, etc. versus trendy boutique hotels or a Ritz Carlton.

I hope the added info helps. Thanks for the suggestions thus far!

It looks like flights might be least expensive in and out of FLL, so similar information in the event that we choose to stay in the Fort Lauderdale area would be highly appreciated, as well.

Thank you!

http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info. In general hotels in the Miami area are more expensive than comparable properties in the FLL area. We also find the FLL area more family friendly.

If you can squeeze into an UberX you can get from the FLL area to POM for about $40 If not there are many shared shuttle companies (SAS, QLS, MJS, Go Airport, etc.) that will get you to POM for about $13-15+ per person each way. The ride takes about 45+ min.