ever see price drops for cat. 9C?

EBchickens74

ok, I am curious ---how much should I leave unpaid until the due date of a cruise? (hoping for price drop). I know I am still very early on, & want to pay off as much as possible, but from what I've been reading here I should leave a lil leeway for a price drop(hopefully).

What would you do? (sailing in a category 9C) :confused:

Most likely none. They are one of the most coveted cabins. I was lucky enough to score one for my December journey cruise. When I originally booked on Wednesday there was none I happen to check 2 weeks later and there was one. I was yelling and screaming like I won the lottery. We were able to book it not in the location I normally would book but it's a price I will pay for a wrap balcony.. I still check daily for price drop but I know it will be practically impossible..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

ok, I am curious ---how much should I leave unpaid until the due date of a cruise? (hoping for price drop). I know I am still very early on, & want to pay off as much as possible, but from what I've been reading here I should leave a lil leeway for a price drop(hopefully).

Those wrap-around balcony cabins are some of Carnival's most sought after cabins. Price drops are not likely. But even if you make unrequired payments before the official final payment due date, that doesn't change what you're entitled to dependent on the rate type that you booked if a price drop should occur.

Edited by winddawn

You won't see any price drops!

Price drops only apply when there are rooms that need to be booked/sold. That never happens with the 9C cabins because there are so few per ship.

Find a price your comfortable with - and book. It won't change. [emoji20]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

had a feeling it wouldn't, but was thinking---just in case. We booked back in Nov/Dec & so far it's the best rate I've seen. Seems like the price just keeps going up.

Thanks for all the replies so far :)

Agreed - we book early (usually at least a year out) and typically see rates only go up. Supply and demand I guess. [emoji6][emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

had a feeling it wouldn't, but was thinking---just in case. We booked back in Nov/Dec & so far it's the best rate I've seen. Seems like the price just keeps going up.

Thanks for all the replies so far :)

Congratulations. It sounds like you booked a rate that you were happy with and that is very competitive in the current market. There's a lot to be said for that. Inflation is back.

Hope you enjoy your cruise and your extended balcony a little more knowing that you got it at a great price.

Those aft-wrap balconies are wonderful. I've enjoyed them several times and never once regretted the extra money spent for one. You will have an amazing cruise!

This will be our first balcony (havent cruise since Jan 2011) & very excited, yet concerned with learning of possible disappointments due to Conquest going to dry dock right after we return. Trying to not let that worry me & will be glad to just get away.

(6 day cruise --Conquest 8448 for $979pp)

This will be our first balcony (havent cruise since Jan 2011) & very excited, yet concerned with learning of possible disappointments due to Conquest going to dry dock right after we return. Trying to not let that worry me & will be glad to just get away.

(6 day cruise --Conquest 8448 for $979pp)

You WILL enjoy that aft wrap!

PS, please change you type color. It's hard to look at. (Maybe it's just me, sorry!)