Photo wall on newer ships...

dizlove

If you are referring to the "photo wall" by the entrance of the photo gallery on deck 6 of Royal., it is touch screen. When we first boarded the Royal in 2014, we used it once. It used facial recognition to display the individual pictures based on the name of the guest and choose the pictures you want to order. On our next boarding in 2015, it was not working and have not used hence. Not sure now.

• 3 weeks later...

We have not used it on a Princess cruise, but did on a Carnival cruise. I liked it so much more than having to literally scan many, many photos several times on a cruise, to find ours the old fashioned way.

Thanks. Yes. That's the wall I am speaking about. Does anyone else have any current input? Is it useful in finding your pictures instead of looking through the hundreds of pictures?

It was useful then instead of looking at different stacks of pictures grouped by dates/events. No one was also using it when we approached the screen.

If it is working now, I guess there will also be inconvenience if you wait for your turn at a long line intending to use the screen.