Kids Club (mock) Graduation on Fantasy?

lvcrzn

I have read (old posts and some with pictures) of a graduation ceremony with Mickey for the Kids Club participants. This also included a T shirt for the kids. Is this still the practice on Disney Cruise? If so, what ships? Please respond with any info. Thanks :D

This was MANY years ago when the theme of the kid programming was totally different from what it is today. No Mickey graduation hats any more. There were different "on stage" programs during the early years of DCL....starting with the "We Discovered the Magic," then to the University at Sea thing (that's not the right title, but is the right idea...)

I don't believe there is a farewell program since the new rule of keeping the kids in the "secure" area (they no longer go to the buffet for food, or to the WDT, no more story telling on secret deck 7, etc.) Bottom line, since an "incident" quite a few years ago, children signed into the programming are kept totally "secure" and away from any interaction with adult guests on the cruise. The only adult interaction they will have while signed in is with CMs who have been screened prior to hiring, educated in the DCL system, etc.

Edited by moki'smommy

This is still the case but rumor has it they are trying to find a safe way to expand the range without disrupting ship services but none of the ideas have been deemed feasible.

One I know of was setting aside an area in the buffet for kids dining some nights but the logistics and possible space constraints on other diners is still an issue.

This was MANY years ago when the theme of the kid programming was totally different from what it is today. No Mickey graduation hats any more. There were different "on stage" programs during the early years of DCL....starting with the "We Discovered the Magic' date='" then to the University at Sea thing (that's not the right title, but is the right idea...)

I don't believe there is a farewell program since the new rule of keeping the kids in the "secure" area (they no longer go to the buffet for food, or to the WDT, no more story telling on secret deck 7, etc.) Bottom line, since an "incident" quite a few years ago, children signed into the programming are kept totally "secure" and away from any interaction with adult guests on the cruise. The only adult interaction they will have while signed in is with CMs who have been screened prior to hiring, educated in the DCL system, etc.[/quote']

The kids did a Friendship rocks on the Magic Feb. 2016.

Small stage show with tons of club pictures.

Kids volunteer so they may or may not be included.

My daughter has done a few of these things over the years. Some were bigger then others(based on length of cruise).

This last time we had no clue. Wife was in the spa and I'm on deck with a drink and they texted us like 15 minutes before and to show up for stage performance. lol

Not my video and just a short peak.

Edited by Lionkingrichard