Carnival Gift Shop 100% Guarantee? Help! We have a leaky cup!

Sablerose

Hi all,

We bought a Conquest coffee mug onboard and hubby just unwrapped it from the bubblewrap (we brought it off in our carryon) and it's got a crack from the base to the top. We have a dribble cup!

We're really disappointed, not just because it was a $10 coffee cup but because it's our favorite one.

Has anyone ever had to return anything/correspond with them about getting another thing in accordance with their guarantee? I am praying we have the receipt, but I am sure they have it on file that we bought it.

Can anyone give me somewhere to turn or correspond with regard to something like this? Thank you in advance!

(Yes, yes, I am a bad cruiser for not paying attention to that detail of where to reach them... but I couldn't imagine it'd be us!)

I had a problem with a necklace.....I would start with Guest Relations and they will get you to the proper people. If I remember, Carnival does not own the gift shop but they did get me to the proper company. It took me some time but once I sent the gift shop owners an email of my posting on cruisecritic.com my money was refunded. Good luck!

Well, poop.

They won't send us another cup, they say they don't have the merchandise (Guest Relations referred me to the company that runs the gift shops, et. al.) but they say they will refund us the purchase price of the cup if I can fax them the receipt (which I found) and fill out their online form and everything.

So, I'm going to do that.

But now we're sad, becuase of the two Conquest cups we bought, this was our favorite (the one we'd end up fighting over, undoubtedly) and now we can't BOTH have coffee in a Conquest cup at the same time.

*sniffle*

Oh well, now we're just going to have to get back on the Conquest. Worst case scenario, as Stang says, "It's a nice pen cup for my desk." So that'll all work out one way or another.

(Just between you and me, I think he's going to try to krazyglue it or something, heeeee)

Rose-

We will be on the Conquest in 58 days, I would be more than happy to pick one up for you...I will even check it for cracks. ;)

I am sure you will get another (sooner) offer. Thanks for the wonderful review. I can't wait for our cruise!!!

Any conquest secrets you care to share????:)

Golly! Hrm, let's see.

Let me think about that one -- I don't know many secrets except for all the things that I learned from all our new friends here at CC. I just posted some more little details at the end of my review, if you ask me over there on that thread I'll try to come up with more stuff and then all the info stays in the same place!

And! Wow! That's a very kind offer, and you'd better believe we will probably take you up on it -- we'll just have to trade information so we know where to send the $9.95 to for the mug plus whatever it'll cost to ship it to us. That would be fabbo!

But now we're sad, becuase of the two Conquest cups we bought, this was our favorite (the one we'd end up fighting over, undoubtedly) and now we can't BOTH have coffee in a Conquest cup at the same time.

*sniffle*

So, what cup will Stang be having his coffee in while you enjoy this Conquest mug? :p :D

So, what cup will Stang be having his coffee in while you enjoy this Conquest mug? :p :D

No kidding! Since we got 2, and they were both different, and now we have 1, I think since I'm the girl I get to have the mug!

He's back on day shift (Yay!) so when he's gone during the day, I will drink coffee out of the remaining Conquest mug! By default! :D

Archived