princess emerald vs explorer of the seas?

olesh

2 couples in their 50s and coupl in their 50s with 2 kids age 10-12. on 7/7-8

The explorer is 300$ more and she don't stop in Ketchikan but cruise the Alaska Inside Passage.

First time cruise to Alaska and maybe the last.

All Alaskan cruises cruise the inside package. The Explorer of the Seas really has one of the worst itineraries in Alaska, though I know the ship is popular for kids.

I would try to find an itinerary with Glacier Bay, especially if it is your only cruise to Alaska. Tracy Arm can be missed - Glacier Arm is a guarantee. You may want to look around some more, there are more ships in Alaska besides these 2 choices.

Edited by Coral

All Alaskan cruises cruise the inside package. The Explorer of the Seas really has one of the worst itineraries in Alaska, though I know the ship is popular for kids.

I would try to find an itinerary with Glacier Bay, especially if it is your only cruise to Alaska. Tracy Arm can be missed - Glacier Arm is a guarantee. You may want to look around some more, there are more ships in Alaska besides these 2 choices.

Thank you! I know but the are more expensive

2 couples in their 50s and coupl in their 50s with 2 kids age 10-12. on 7/7-8

The explorer is 300$ more and she don't stop in Ketchikan but cruise the Alaska Inside Passage.

First time cruise to Alaska and maybe the last.

1. All Alaska Cruises, cruise the Inside passage - Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway, Icy Strait Point, & Sitka are all in the Inside Passage.

2. Why pay more to get less?

3. Choose an itinerary that includes Glacier Bay, it is a World Heritage site for a reason.

(Would you go to Paris & not see the Eiffel Tower?)

Thank you! I know but the are more expensive

There are travel agents who discount their fee (cheaper than booking direct). That can help make up the difference. You would be surprised at how much you can save (up to 10% of cruise fare/not taxes).

Honestly -you don't want to go to Alaska and miss some of the great sites!

Edited by Coral

I would try to find an itinerary with Glacier Bay, especially if it is your only cruise to Alaska. Tracy Arm can be missed - Glacier Bay is a guarantee. You may want to look around some more, there are more ships in Alaska besides these 2 choices.

Correcting my post....