Disney Magic to Canada/New England

CruisinNewb

Hello all:)

It has been a while since we cruised with Disney back in 2009 on the Wonder with the kids.

This time it will just be me and my DW and we are looking at the Sept. 7 night to Canada and New England. We have a similar but longer cruise booked on Celebrity in Sept of 2018 but we have some DVC points we'd like to use.

I know the Magic and Wonder are smaller boats then the new ones which is fine by us. I was wondering how the Magic is holding up since its 2013 refurb?

Also, anyone who has cruised this itinerary who could give us their thoughts?

And lastly, I'm a vegetarian and am wondering if they have separate vegetarian options on the dinner menu or do they have a separate vegetarian menu?

Thanks.

Ron

There is at least one vegetarian option on each dinner menu, but your server will work with you to be sure there are things that you like. No separate vegetarian menu, but the will accept special requests and prepare them for you.

The Magic is in great shape.

We cruised the Magic to Canada twice. Both were 4-day cruises, the last being this past September. The Magic looks beautiful since the refurb and is holding up quite nicely. Halifax and St. John were both lovely ports. I strongly recommend an excursion to peggy's Cove. There are a few, some that combine other stops like the Titanic cemetery. I'm sure you're aware that with a northbound cruise in September/November, you cannot count on warm weather, so you might not get much swimming in, but there were still hearty people out in the pools. We were happy sitting on deck with sweatshirts.

There is at least one vegetarian option on each dinner menu' date=' but your server will work with you to be sure there are things that you like. No separate vegetarian menu, but the will accept special requests and prepare them for you.

The Magic is in great shape.[/quote']

I haven't sailed since the WBTA in September 2016, but at that time, the dinner menus each had a corner of the menu set aside where they listed the vegetarian appetizers and entrees for the evening. They do not, however, specify between vegetarian vs. vegan.

* Disclaimer: I'm on omnivore who generally avoids eating mammals, so I never did any level of double-checking that an item I ordered labeled under the vegetarian heading actually was vegetarian. Your best shot at getting items that comply with your dietary requirements is to tell your server the first night and request a discussion with the head server. The head server is the liaison between guest and kitchen for allergies and special diets.

Yes, you should firstly notify DCL when booking the cruise however, so that if you are a vegan they can best set themselves up for the amount of Guests requesting those dishes, and have appropriate recipes and ingredients to create delicious meals.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/guest-services/special-dietary-requests/

And yet again when you first meet your server at an MDR and any quick service locations or the buffet.

ex techie