Transportation FLL to Hotel in Miami Before Cruise/After Cruise

mandm2

Hello,

My husband and I will be on our 1st ever cruise next April 2nd, on the Explorer of the Seas. We will fly into Ft. Lauderdale the day before the cruise and stay overnight in Miami.

We realize that the drive from FLL to Miami is not long, however, we would like some advice on:

1.Eeither renting a car at FLL and where we can drop it off the day of our cruise in Miami; then renting again for our drive from the port of Miami to FLL on the last day of our cruise

or better yet,

2. Transportation companies (not too expensive) from FLL to our hotel in Miami (Doubletree Grand Biscayne).

Thanks to all! :)

Marie

Last year we flew into FLL and rented a car from Dollar Rent a Car. Very good rate. Drove it to motel in Miami, spent the night, dropped the ladies and luggage off at the port and delivered the car to the rental lot at Miami airport. From there their shuttle took us back to the port. Very good experience and higjly recommended.

How about on your way back to FLL after the cruise? I put in my dates/times and departing from Port of Miami (is that correct for RCI's Explorer of the Seas cruise port?) and I got a message saying that this type of travel was not available.

Thanks,

Marie

Last April we too cruised for the 1st time. We flew into FLL from Philadelphia because it was cheaper than flying to Miami. I rented a car from for the day before the cruise drove to Miami, had a car to do what we pleased and then dropped the car and took their free shuttle to the port. The day our ship returned their shuttle was waiting for us because we reserved one then too. And so we did the reverse. Took the shuttle to pick up the car and drove to FLL and left the car their. It was nice because we had several hours before our plane left so we drove up the coast line and had a nice dinner on the bay. Definately worth it to rent a car ahead of time. We only paid like 20-22 a day.

Archived