Embark info help

SeasTheDay12

Hi and hope for help?

I have enjoyed a bunch of cruises, and embark normally BUT, for the first time,

I am not sure how to do something different?

Can anyone give me advice on dropping off my luggage for check in, and then leave to meet local friends for brunch?

I was thinking, just drop bags and take my carry-on and do check in later - well before final boarding cut off time before sailing.

OR is it better to wait and do full check in, but not board since I wont have any place to leave carry on with cabins open at 1?

Thanks alot for any advice on best way to do this.

Debra

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi and hope for help?

I have enjoyed a bunch of cruises, and embark normally BUT, for the first time,

I am not sure how to do something different?

Can anyone give me advice on dropping off my luggage for check in, and then leave to meet local friends for brunch?

I was thinking, just drop bags and take my carry-on and do check in later - well before final boarding cut off time before sailing.

OR is it better to wait and do full check in, but not board since I wont have any place to leave carry on with cabins open at 1?

Thanks alot for any advice on best way to do this.

Debra

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

DH and I have done this a couple of times already and what we do is pull up and hand off luggage to porters and watch as bags are placed on carts with other boarding passengers luggage. We tip the porter and then take off to go and do what we have planned. Then later on, we just show up with our carry on and go through the embarkation process. We have done this in San Juan; New Jersey; and in Florida. Hope this helps you.

Haven't tried this, but you'll have gone through security and taken space in one of the early boarding groups of you do full check in. Have heard it's not as simple as just walking back out past security. Think dropping your bags off and returning for check in would be faster and easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Haven't tried this, but you'll have gone through security and taken space in one of the early boarding groups of you do full check in. Have heard it's not as simple as just walking back out past security. Think dropping your bags off and returning for check in would be faster and easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not if all they are looking to do is drop off bags.

Like alliebrandy we have done this many times. We drive to the port in our rental car to drop of our luggage, then return that car. That way we don't have to drag all our luggage on the shuttle or cab. The fact that you might be gone for a couple hours more makes no difference.

Easy to drop off luggage and leave.