Jump to content

mandream

Members
  • Content Count

    1,233
  • Joined

About mandream

  • Rank
    Cool Cruiser

About Me

  • Location
    Northbrook, IL
  • Favorite Cruise Line(s)
    Celebrity

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Yes, this is super disappointing. We already moved our July 20 sailing to July 21 at the prevailing rate when they wanted us to make final payment on a cruise that we knew was going to be cancelled. Now for us to move this sailing to July 22 will cost us approx $1,600 more. I don't see why they don't offer the same options as the other sailings that have been cancelled. I get that this is killing them financially - so part of me understands - just really disappointed in the options available. I'm going to wait it out a week or two and hope they reconsider the options (I know, v
  2. That's fantastic. Congratulations. Lift and shift worked out very well for us as well - significant savings over us having to rebook (although not quite as good a 3X savings). Mike
  3. Thanks - called a little while ago and it was taken care of. I only listed one sailing on the form instead of the 3. The person I talked to said my request got "stuck" somewhere. He didn't provide any details and I didn't press since he was able to take care of it for me. Mike
  4. All done. Have to admit I was a little nervous during the multiple times on hold while he was "checking to see if he could do it while we were on the phone" - thinking of all the excuses why he was going to come back and say he couldn't do it - but he did it! So appreciate all your help and advice. Feeling so much better now that I have invoice in hand. Mike
  5. Ok - was getting ready to call but want to make sure I have my facts straight. I went back to the Cruise with Confidence page and am confused by the section that says: As of May 6th, 2020 we have also added the new "Best Price Guarantee" and "Lift and Shift" options outlined below. If you opted into our Cruise with Confidence program before May 6th, please learn more about that program here. Does that mean only cruises booked after May 6th are eligible? The cruise I am trying to shift was re-booked in March - the same day my cancelled cruise was supposed to sail. Hop
  6. Ok will do. Thanks. Standard reservation #? On Celebrity I would typically call Captain's Club to start - I'm Elite +. Often it's easier to get through and they can just take care of things. Not sure if it's helpful to call C&A - or just the main number. Mike
  7. Ok - I'll probably give it until Tuesday before I call. The cabin cat. matched - but the ship is completely different. Freedom -> Oasis. Mike
  8. What's been you experience with timing? I made my request Wed eve. when I lasted posted. I received the email saying I would get confirmation of the new sailing within 72 hours...... yet here I am 4 days later and no confirmation and my old cruise is still showing online. Should I just be a bit more patient - or does is this atypical and perhaps I should call? Mike
  9. Calendar isn't out yet, but based on past experience we are hoping it's March 20th. If not - I guess our kids will have a two week break 🙂 Mike
  10. Thanks again. Form has been submitted with just one preference. There were a number of Owners Suites available for that sailing (I was actually a bit surprised by the availability given it is Spring Break). Just having the form submitted is a bit of a load off......
  11. Appreciate the quick reply. How does it work once I submit my 3 preferences. Will I have any options when they come back - or will it just be booked? And am I guaranteed they will keep the same category and not downgrade me?
  12. Would appreciate some advice - We originally had a cruise booked for this past March that Royal cancelled. It was more than 1/2 paid with FCC that was set to expire this Dec 2020. In March (actually on the day we were supposed to set sail) we booked a new cruise for March 2021. The payment was covered by a combination of the new deposit I had to put down, the payment ($) from the cancelled March cruise, the FCC from the cancelled March cruise + the original FCC that was due to expire this Dec. I'm not sure if they made an exception to allow the old FCC to carry over - OR if th
  13. Similar situation - but my cruise was next week and already canceled. The tricky part is American is waiving change fees if you travel before the end of year. We have $3,000 in airfare and no plans to use it this year. Even if we end up using some, we likely won't use it all. So it is likely we will have a loss eventually (at end of year) - if so it would be at least $600-800 in change fees, if not the whole ticket. No idea how to handle this. I've been trying to contact Nationwide - but wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge (understanding that ultimately it will
  14. Almost certainly you will get whatever perks are associated with your new booking at the time you book.
×
×
  • Create New...