RCCL will pick up luggage at Anchorage train depot for southbound cruise?

SnowBird Cruzer

I read on a website about the Seward cruise port that RCCL will pick up luggage at the Anchorage train depot and deliver to my stateroom. That would be totally awesome (channeling my inner 80's)!

Is that for anyone, or just those doing an RCCL pre-cruise tour? I will be doing my own cruise tour. So, that's why I'm asking.

If they'll do it for me, do I need to make prior arrangements with them?

I recently emailed the Alaska Railroad with this question.

They said " when you arrive to check-in on the day of travel, please let the baggage handlers know that you will be joining a cruise in Seward. Your luggage can then be checked to your cruise. The cruise company will transport your luggage via luggage truck to the cruise ship. "

So regardless of which cruiseline you are sailing, your luggage is transported to the ship.

I recently emailed the Alaska Railroad with this question.

They said " when you arrive to check-in on the day of travel, please let the baggage handlers know that you will be joining a cruise in Seward. Your luggage can then be checked to your cruise. The cruise company will transport your luggage via luggage truck to the cruise ship. "

So regardless of which cruiseline you are sailing, your luggage is transported to the ship.

Thanks!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Can anyone confirm that this applies to both the early morning train to Seward as well as the afternoon one?

The morning train is a regular run of the Alaska Railroad.

The afternoon train is a cruise contracted run.

You could send an email to the railroad as I did ..... or contact your cruiseline.

The morning train is a regular run of the Alaska Railroad.

The afternoon train is a cruise contracted run.

You could send an email to the railroad as I did ..... or contact your cruiseline.

I did call the RR previously and the person I spoke with said she thought they did but wasn't sure. I think I'll send an email.

For any future cruisers who might be searching for this same answer, here is the email reply I got from the Alaska Railroad:

Thank you for your interest in the Alaska Railroad. The 6:45 AM train will check your luggage direct from the Anchorage Depot to your state room onboard your cruise ship for you. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to call or email.

For any future cruisers who might be searching for this same answer, here is the email reply I got from the Alaska Railroad:

Thank you for your interest in the Alaska Railroad. The 6:45 AM train will check your luggage direct from the Anchorage Depot to your state room onboard your cruise ship for you. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to call or email.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Thank you for your interest in the Alaska Railroad.
The 6:45 AM train will check your luggage direct from the Anchorage Depot to your state room onboard your cruise ship
for you. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to call or email.

When do you put your luggage tags on for the ship? I'm assuming we bring them with us from home.

Bring them from home and put them on before you hand your bags over to the railroad baggage handler.