Another Black Card question

KeywestK

OK, so I've been reading all these threads trying to familiarize myself with the MSC match program. We are Black Card matched for our first Divinia cruise later this year. I remember reading on these threads something about the matching status not being permanent? Is our status for a limited time period only? What happens to that status if I book another MSC cruise in a year or two (or three?)

I'd appreciate any clarification, and TIA!

I did the match in January and no where did I see it was limited. I called the MSC customer service and found them surprisingly helpful in answering my numerous questions as this was the first cruise on them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When I log into my account under Manage My Booking and click on MSC Voyager Club area (left side), it shows all my personal info and an Expiration Date (ours is 2020). So, if you don't cruise within that time frame, I believe you revert back to "Classic".

OK, so I just checked my profile, and in the Voyager's Club section, I saw that my Black Card status will expire on 12/12/19, which is 3 years to the day that I was granted Black Card status.

So does that mean I have to cruise again on MSC before that date, or can I have another cruise booked before that date to maintain the status?

Anyone know? TIA!:cool:

This is how it is listed on the website Q&A:

For how long are points valid? Points earned at the end of a cruise have a validity date of 36 months from the date of disembarkation. You will need to complete at least one cruise in 36 months since your last disembarkation date to extend your membership for another 36 months from your last disembarkation date.

For how long are points valid? Points earned at the end of a cruise have a validity date of 36 months from the date of disembarkation. You will need to complete at least one cruise in 36 months since your last disembarkation date to extend your membership for another 36 months from your last disembarkation date.

Thank you pfs, I knew I'd read that exact thing but for the life of me couldn't find it. Finally had to give up the search to go shopping... :o And it's exactly the way I took it since the expiration date on my Voyagers Club is now exactly 3 years + 2 days (assume for admin reasons) from our disembarkation from the Divina.

Great find thanks

Thank you! Very clearly states what I wanted to know:)