Princess Booking Site - Viewing rooms available?

holton

Is this possible and if so, how? I know that you can put in a specific room number and it will tell you if that one is available or not.

Simply go thru a faux booking procedure. Select a category and it will then list available cabins.

Simply go thru a faux booking procedure. Select a category and it will then list available cabins.

This is one way to do it, although the cruise line usually only releases 5 or 6 cabin numbers in a category. When one of those is booked, another cabin is added to available cabins in that category. So even if a cabin is not shown as available, it may be one of the yet-to-be-released cabins.

Your best option is to call Princess directly and ask about a specific cabin. Then if it's available, you can book it immediately or ask Princess to put a hold on that cabin for you until you can contact your TA.

This is one way to do it, although the cruise line usually only releases 5 or 6 cabin numbers in a category. When one of those is booked, another cabin is added to available cabins in that category. So even if a cabin is not shown as available, it may be one of the yet-to-be-released cabins.

Your best option is to call Princess directly and ask about a specific cabin. Then if it's available, you can book it immediately or ask Princess to put a hold on that cabin for you until you can contact your TA.

That's good to know. I just assumed that all available cabins are displayed. Of course, we all know that assume is just an acronym.:)

The on line booking process does have a provision for inserting a specific cabin number. I haven't tried that.

Calling Princess, however, is easy. I've called twice since booking last week and got a rep immediately both times.

Has anyone successfully used the specific cabin request on the Princess online reservation system? Every cabin I put in says that "there is no such cabin number or it is unavailable". I even tried putting in one of the cabin numbers that were listed as available and it came back with the same message.

Archived