Question about port side in Europe

SASSYSC

We just returned from Europe on Celebrity and were very disappointed that the port side did not have the beautiful views of the ports. Even when it was a tender and they could choose, they chose starboard side to have the view.

In our experience with Princess we ALWAYS had the beautiful views of the ports on the port side but we have only been in the Caribbean on Princess.

So the question is have any of you been on Princess in the MED and know what Princess does as far as port side views? I want to know if this is something different because of Europe of if Celebrity was just deviating from what I thought was normal for every ship.

Thanks,

Sassy

Hi Sassy

We were on the Golden Princess last July, Baja Deck, port side. We boarded in Venice and when the ship left the next day, we stood on our balcony as Venice slipped past us in a late afternoon golden glow. Truly, I will NEVER forget it! 2 days later (I think!!) we approached Istanbul in the early morning and the minerets on the mosques seemed to float out of the mist!! Sorry to sound like a holiday brochure but them's the facts!! icon_smile.gif We are looking to book another Med cruise in 2005 and will be devastated if it's not the same!!

Bet you had a great cruise, either side!!

Sue

Counting the days until Sapphire Princess March 2005

Sue,

Thanks for your response, I'm jealous. Had we known how it would be we could have booked the starboard side but due to our previous cruises booked the port side. It seemed to ruin every morning as we woke up to see what the view was. We got even more upset when after the first day we tried to get more information so that we could change cabins if they knew it was going to be on the starboard side. But the personnel knew nothing and were not helpful. Even when we used tenders they put the starboard side facing the port.

The places were visited were wonderful and thankfully we spent every day off of the ship. But since we booked a suite and had planned on spending time on our balcony we were very disappointed and upset with the personnel.

We found that Princess was much better than Celebrity in many other ways as well.

We will stick with Princess from now on.

Sassy

Archived