Norwegian Sky Specialty Restaurants worth it?

nikkimm

If you can buy a dining package I would highly recommend it. Money well spent unless you don't like good food. The buffet and main dining room are fine but for the small surcharge Cagney's (think Morton's or other good steakhouse) and Le Bistro (good French cuisine) are very good. You can look up menus online. Why have rubbery steak when you can have a great filet for a few bucks extra?

Here is the opposite opinion of the previous post, save your money. Enjoy your first cruise there are plenty of complementary restaurants to eat at including the buffet which is hard to beat in itself.

I agree. Good food is provided free. Use that money for something else.

I have been on many cruises and only eat speciality when it is included in the fare.

For a 3-4 night cruise, I would definitely not bother with the specialty dining. It's good, but not that good. I only do the specialties with a free SDP package or if you are only a 7+ night cruise and want a little more variety. The MDR food was hit or miss; the apps/salads/soups were consistently excellent. The mains we tried ranged from excellent to not good; but i just ordered several starters and if i didn't care for the main had enough from the staters and stopped at the buffet or blue lagoon later for a snack.

I thought the specialty meals in general were excellent (aside from a terrible meal at cagney's) but not $30 pp better than the free MDR meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did speciality restaurants for the first time 6 cruises again...only have had 1 or 2 main dining meals since....NO comparison. The speciality dining makes our cruise for such a small amount of money. Wouldn't cruise without speciality restaurants

We never travel without the specialty dining package. The ambiance, food, and service make our vacation. However, I know people (my parents) who find the MDRs more than adequate. Its really personal preference, which is why I like to have the choice. Its not nickeling and diming; its letting me choose how I want to vacation.

As for the SKY's specialties our favorite is Le Bistro followed by Il Adagio and then Cagney's. If you are going to do just one, Le Bistro is the best.

It depends on what you look forward to eating.

I like a good steak so Cagneys is a must.

I also like good seafood which is harder these days with cut backs they used to have great seafood at Lebistro and Cagney but some of it is gone or changed

So all in all I like Cagneys, Lebistro and the Italian some of the MDR was good not great.

Not a fan of Tepenyaki or Maderno.