HAL new rewards program called "Holland America Line Privileges™ "?

3Boogity

I am also old-fashioned, and have an answering machine. I can hear the message as it's being left, and can choose to pick up and answer, or not, immediately.

Us too. Very few scammers will leave a message. On my cell I don't answer any caller that's not in my phone book, because whenever I give that number to anyone I add it to the phone book. Sometimes innocent wrong numbers leave voice mail.

Us too. Very few scammers will leave a message. On my cell I don't answer any caller that's not in my phone book, because whenever I give that number to anyone I add it to the phone book. Sometimes innocent wrong numbers leave voice mail.

My cell phone is turned off unless I am using it. The greeting says as much, and directs people DO NOT leave a message. It is clearly a personal, not a business, greeting.

Every time I turn it on there are several messages from people who just do not bother to listen to the greeting. One time there were seven (count 'em, SEVEN!!!) messages from one woman trying to reach her doctor---she said it was important! :rolleyes:

Like you and Ruth C., I have an answering machine and will not get callerID. I donn't want it. I am good at hanging up if the call I answered doesn't interest me. I don' care if it is a robot c all or live scammer, I simply disconnect from the call.

To b

My cell phone is turned off unless I am using it. The greeting says as much, and directs people DO NOT leave a message. It is clearly a personal, not a business, greeting.

Every time I turn it on there are several messages from people who just do not bother to listen to the greeting. One time there were seven (count 'em, SEVEN!!!) messages from one woman trying to reach her doctor---she said it was important! :rolleyes:

To be kind, perhaps she was really ill and unable to erspond appropriately to your grreeting. Hard to say why she didn't listen or act in the way instructed. At least she knew she needed a doctor. :eek:

I have heard that this scam is intended to get you to say "yes" into the phone so that they can use it to say that you agreed to whatever. Be VERY careful on this.
Indeed, I have also heard of this. They will ask if you can hear them all right and record your voice sayingyes as andevidence and claim you agreed to some scheme they are selling. They use your voiced sayingf 'yes' as evidence of your agreement to their gig.