Anybody with Recent Experience with Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park?

deladaff

I just read an earlier post from someone who was dissatisfied with their to/from port shuttle experience with the Hilton Garden Inn at Ridgefield Park. I am hoping someone with recent experience with their Park and Cruise Plan could answer a few questions as we are considering this hotel for our March cruise. There are 4 of us, and we would need two rooms.

1. Does each of the couples have to book the park and cruise room rate? We would like to book one room at the P&C rate and one room at the Senior's rate and split the difference. The person I spoke to at the hotel yesterday said the person paying for the P&C rate would tell the shuttle scheduler at check-in there would be 4 people to ride and so the second couple would be included with no extra charge. I want to know if anybody was actually able to do this, as he said it would cost $85 pp to schedule the transfer independent of P&C cruise rate.

2. Does the hotel use shuttles or private car service?How big are the cars or shuttle vans and is there enough room for luggage? One of our cruisemates consistently overpacks. :eek:

3. Do you know long it takes to get to the terminal from the hotel on Sundays? We will be cruising Sunday to Sunday.

4. Do you have to call the hotel on disembarkation day to tell the vans to come, or do they know already what time to be there?

Thanks in advance.

Save

Save

We just got back from our cruise Tuesday and 8 of us ( 4 couples) stayed at the Ridgefield Park Hilton Garden Inn. We were all very satisfied!

We drove to hotel with 2 couples per car but still paid the bargain price for the cruise park and stay package because it included transportation- if not You pay separately for transportation.

Rooms were good, full breakfast was good and service was excellent! We were given the number ( given to us by Brian- front desk manager) of the transportation company and called once we got thru customs..... they were already parked waiting for us. Brian arranged the transportation for our group to the pier. We very much all enjoyed our stay.

This was a great choice and we would stay there again.

• 2 weeks later...
I just read an earlier post from someone who was dissatisfied with their to/from port shuttle experience with the Hilton Garden Inn at Ridgefield Park. I am hoping someone with recent experience with their Park and Cruise Plan could answer a few questions as we are considering this hotel for our March cruise. There are 4 of us, and we would need two rooms.

1. Does each of the couples have to book the park and cruise room rate? We would like to book one room at the P&C rate and one room at the Senior's rate and split the difference. The person I spoke to at the hotel yesterday said the person paying for the P&C rate would tell the shuttle scheduler at check-in there would be 4 people to ride and so the second couple would be included with no extra charge. I want to know if anybody was actually able to do this, as he said it would cost $85 pp to schedule the transfer independent of P&C cruise rate.

The hotel maybe able to swing something for ya to keep your business. We booked 4 in 1 room (2 adults and 2 children). We were told that our 1 daughter who was 13 was considered an adult by the car company and would be charged $10.00 each way. The driver didnt even bat an eye or say anything. So when the desk schedules your car, they will prob just put 4 adults for transportation.

2. Does the hotel use shuttles or private car service?How big are the cars or shuttle vans and is there enough room for luggage? One of our cruisemates consistently overpacks. :eek:

It is private car service (Seoul Transportation to be exact). We had Cadillac Escalade to and Town & Country Mini Van for return. They will ask when you check in at hotel when you want to be picked up in the morning and how many bags you have. The car service will come into the hotel to the front desk to ask for you. We were all done breakfast and actually taking turns going to the restroom when our driver got there. He was about 5 min early.

3. Do you know long it takes to get to the terminal from the hotel on Sundays? We will be cruising Sunday to Sunday.

It took us about 20 minutes to get to the terminal. Our driver took us North over another bridge to NY and then we came south down the hudson river right to the terminal.

4. Do you have to call the hotel on disembarkation day to tell the vans to come, or do they know already what time to be there?

The hotel will give you the number to the car service and advise you to call them when you clear customs. When you call, the car service will try to tell you that you have to meet them across the street that they can not come in to the port to get you. I told them I refused to cross NYC traffic with 2 kids, myself and husband with 8 luggage. They did come finally and picked us up where they dropped us off. My advice also, when you get back to NYC and get into the area to claim your luggage, get a porter to put the luggage on the cart and help you through customs. We did that and sailed right through customs as we looked at others that were standing in a long line with their luggage. Customary tip is $1.00-$2.00 per bag. We tipped our porter $20.00 as she waited with us until our driver showed up.

Thanks in advance.

BTW I am in Northern Delaware!! Wilmington area.:o;p