Wine

I will be on Brilliance tomorrow. I know you are allowed to bring on two bottles of wine, but was wondering if you have to carry it on or can I put in in my suitcase? I'm thinking I have to carry it on, but wanted to check.

I would certainly carry it on

I've tried this a couple of times and unless they are really special bottles of wine you may want to rethink it. If you have a roll-aboard carry-on it may work well for you, but if you're carrying in a backpack or other bag you may find it gets kind of heavy after packing it through the line and around the ship while waiting to get to your room.

Like I said, if they are special or good bottles of wine it may be worth it, but you may only save about $20 if they are regular less expensive types.

In any case, if you pack them on you should get some really strong Ziplock bags or bubble pack to make sure they stay safe. Sometimes I roll up bottles in my T-shirts or jeans after putting in one of the bigger Ziplock bags.

If you put it in your suitcase you run the risk of them thinking it's something else besides wine and opening your case when they might not have to otherwise. I put stuff in my suitcase going home, but not when going to the ship.

Tom

I always carry mine in a backpack and put it in the xray. You will get sent over to secondary inspection so they can make sure it hasn't been refilled with something else and then sent on your way.

In my experience this so-called secondary inspection is rare.