NCL Sky - Latitudes

zubee23

• 2 months later...

Sorry to resurrect a thread from 3 months ago but I was wondering if there is any elaboration on this.

NCL is not my line of choice and as such I'm a lowly bronze level in Latitudes. However, one of my best friends sails nothing but NCL and as such is platinum. We plan to go to Cuba in October and he wants to sail NCL rather than Carnival or Royal Caribbean in part because of his status. However, it appears that his status means nothing on a 4 night cruise? I understand that there are no dinners nor laundry perks for a 4-nighter [which kind of stinks imo but alas they are not really my benefits anyway but his] however is there at least priority embarkation/disembarkation?

The NCL site states "Note: Onboard Discounts are available on all sailings. All other benefits are available on sailings 5 days or longer." which implies that nothing but the discounts are offered. However, that is almost certainly not 100% true since "Keycard Recognition" is listed as a benefit and I can't imagine that would change based on the number of nights a given sailing has...it is just printed on the cards regardless [even on our 1-night sailing a few years ago it listed me a bronze]. To further complicate things, gold members get 50% off one bag of laundry which is a discount and thus should be offered on all sailings but platinum members don't get the free bag? Seems rather odd to me. Will platinum members get the 50% off instead or do gold members have a richer benefit in this area on a 4-night cruise since "discounts" are available on all sailings"?

Any platinum guests who have sailed the Sky recently [or other short cruises] please shed some light on this. What, exactly, does platinum status get on this trip? The NCL site is a bit vague, perhaps intentionally?