Alaska Excursion Expert Help Wanted

duchesslt

Hi! I'm trying to figure out if my thoughts for Alaska excursions on Solstice out of Seattle are good

1. Ketchikan

Float Plane

In one day boat goes to tracy arm fjord and juneau

2. Tracy Arm

Glacier cruise off boat.

3. Juneau

Helicopter to dog camp

Evening whale excursion for humpbacks

Is it possible to pull off all 3 in one day without wanting to die? If so, would you pick the hump backs or helicopter?

4. Skagway

White Pass Train (me and my mom)

Yukon Territory (husband and sons)

If it isn't possible to do 3 in Juneau in one day, I might move helicopter to dog camp to Skagway and have my husband and kids miss Yukon territory. Tough choice!

Thanks for any insights you can give.

have you looked at tour times? It is doubtful you are going to be able to fit all three. With Tracy Arm add on tours, the same day, you are later arriving in Juneau compared to the cruise ship port schedule. Some evening whale watches are shorter, which is undesirable for less viewing. Be well prepared with back up plans- glacier dog sledding is the most canceled excursion.

The only way you'll know if you can do it, is to add together all the tour schedules. My port days are full, so wouldn't be any issue for me to do 3.

How are you touring in Skagway? You have an excellent opportunity for your husband to rent a car, drive to Fraser, and pick up you and your mom after doing the train. Then you all can enjoy a ride to Emerald Lake and back. Alternatively, he can drop you off in Fraser, after you all have returned from Emerald Lake, and pick you up in Skagway at the RR station Simple and easy. Book one way tickets direct. You might already be planning this. :) :)

My husband was going to do a Skagway boat excursion but renting a car is a great idea. I'm thinking he could do the helicopter ride when he first arrives and then rent a car...hmmm.

What boat tour? This would not likely be any "Yukon" territory tour?

• 2 weeks later...
I really want to play all the tours by ear except for Tracy arm catamaran but am worried about selling out. Do they really all sell out early June ? Float plane, helicopter, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you just looking for a single seat? Otherwise, it is tough to get walk up helicopter flights. Out of Ketchikan- if you head right for the dock visitor center when your ship clears, you likely will be able to pick up a float plane to Misty.

Tours that take limited numbers of people, do sell out, so don't count on those types of tours with walk up. If you are going to "play it by ear" then you MUST be accepting of not being able to go on some tours.