Shuttle or Ground Link?

yorkie.lady

My daughter (10) and I are going on the Oasis on the April 9th cruise. We are flying in two days early and had previously thought to just stay in Orlando and then head to the ship on the morning of the cruise. I am rethinking that now, and would love suggestions. We are not renting a car and I really haven't been able to figure out how exactly to get to PC. If I was to change our hotel to one in PC, how would I get from MCO to the hotel? I'm assuming I could just take a cab from the hotel to the ship the morning of the cruise. OR, should we stay in Orlando until the 9th and then somehow get to the ship?

I'm thinking of taking Ground Link (or is there something better?) when we return, from the ship direct to MCO just to make it easier and lessen the stops I'm hearing that the shuttles make going from one cruise ship to the next before heading to the airport. Good idea?

There are several shuttle companies that will take you from the Orlando airport to the Cocoa Beach area: Cortrans, Cocoa Beach Shuttle, and Travelynx are most often mentioned.

There are also some hotels in the Cocoa Beach area that have shuttles to the cruise ships, such as Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn, Radisson.

No, the only cab I would take would be from a PC/Cocoa Beach hotel to the ship. I wouldn't take one from MCO to PC. But a shuttle would be much preferable.

Clarea (Bob), many thanks for the shuttle company names. I've been pulling my hair out trying to find them. :)

Thank you everyone for your replies.

No, the only cab I would take would be from a PC/Cocoa Beach hotel to the ship. I wouldn't take one from MCO to PC.

Clarea, many thanks for the shuttle company names. I've been pulling my hair out trying to find them. :)

Thank you everyone for your replies.

You're welcome.

Another excellent forum to check is the Florida Departures forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=672

We are on the same cruise and are using Go Port Canaveral. Airport to hotel pre cruise, hotel to ship day of sailing, and ship to airport on disembarkation day. It's our first time using the service but others on here have used them and have said good things. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are doing the same in October and I have been researching transport as I need larger vehicles and car seats. Cortrans is cheap, but has a fixed schedule so if you miss their pickup you wait for the next one and you share.

Last two times we used a car service I found on limos.com that is a really easy way to shop for car services. We had a town car from Disney to the port for about $120.

If you have an early fight home book your own and don't use the ship shuttle. You will wait for it to fill up and then depending on your terminal it might make a couple of stops before you get dropped off.

I have found the transportation costs on Sunday from the Coco Beach Hilton to the pier costs almost as much as from MCO to Coco Beach Hilton. I am guessing it's whatever the traffic will bear. In fact I had to enter several different pick up times before I even got a quote.