Ventura cabin

tokyo

If anyone is thinking about an inside cabin for a cruise I can give the thumbs up to R407. It has plenty of room. It is near the mid ship lifts. Would like to make the point that we did not hear any noise from the deck above or the lifts. We have just spent 28 days in this cabin and think it was great.

Yes this is a larger inside cabin, they are at 90 degrees to most other cabins and there appears to only be six of this type available on Ventura, all situated on the Riviera Deck. If you have a minimum grade guarantee, larger inside cabin, I should think it likely with the figures that you will get upgraded to some sort of outside or higher grade.

Regards John

Thanks John, we booked on an early saver fare last November. A large inside guarantee cabin but not been allocated as yet, if we get upgraded then that will be good. We have always had basic inside cabins so anything above that is a bonus. We would have a great cruise even if we were allocated a broom cupboard!! :p

Thanks John, we booked on an early saver fare last November. A large inside guarantee cabin but not been allocated as yet, if we get upgraded then that will be good. We have always had basic inside cabins so anything above that is a bonus. We would have a great cruise even if we were allocated a broom cupboard!! :p

You are on a strategy that I think is good, booking a top of the range of a cabin type. I think this puts you to the front of the queue as your cabin will a big bonus to an insider who has only got standard size! So the cruise line can upgrade a whole chain of passengers.

Talking about broom cupboards, I noticed when booking specific cabins on the website that the Forward Facing Lido Obstructed View Cabin L102 is almost always not taken, even late on. If you look at the deck plan you can see why. It is by far the smallest cabin on the ship. So I booked it for the view on a two nighter! Surprisingly it seemed to be as big as any other cabin as the bit which was missing was the corridor strip all cabins have leading out past the bathroom and up to your cabin door. The beds were sideways on the bathroom had a door directly opening up into the cabin, so I would recommend L102.

Regards John