Carnival Conquest 29 JAN - 4 FEB 2017

Hokie375

We got off the boat @0745 and arrived back in port @1430. We had time to walk around, light shopping, and eat at Margaritaville prior to getting back to the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I apologize for not being clear.

What time did you get back to Fort Lauderdale when cruise was over?

We leave in a few weeks and have an early flight.

Thanks.

I apologize for not being clear.

What time did you get back to Fort Lauderdale when cruise was over?

We leave in a few weeks and have an early flight.

Thanks.

We arrived back in port at 0700. We did not do self assist. We had to be out of our room completely by 0900. We went to the Main dining room, ate breakfast, and then did a final look through the photos. We wrapped up final packing and toiletries at @ 0840 and then left the room. We actually met friends in the Toulouse Lounge deck 3. At about 0920 a Carnival Representative came into the lounge and said that they had a break in traffic headed off the ship and that we could all leave. I also highly recommend the new Customs Mobile Passport App. It significantly expedited our processing through customs. There are plenty of shuttles, cabs, etc waiting at the terminal to get you to the airport. I hope this helps and have a great time.

Leaving on the Conquest July 1, I'm reading some really bad things about the Muster Drill, Some reviews are saying it took longer than 1 hour of standing with little to zero instruction. How was the Muster drill in your opinion?

My Muster drill opinion was exactly as you described. Use the restroom prior to attending. About 20 minutes of instruction and 40 minutes of the crew figuring out accountability.

Our last Port of Call was in Cozumel. We had an excursion booked through Carnival. La Casa En La Playa- a Select Retreat. Overall the excursion was really good. It was an all inclusive with a private beach house that had a great wait staff, bartender, and 2 X chefs. Pretty much everything was taken care of. The house was right on the beach and also had a small pool as well. The wait staff was super attentive. Towels, beach loungers, and snorkeling gear was provided. The beach was pretty rocky so water shoes are recommended. The only downside IMO was that it seemed that the tour company took an excessive amount of time briefing you on what was going to happen. We had a long briefing before we left the cruise terminal area. Another briefing before we got onto the vans. Another briefing when we arrived at the house. Finally, a briefing before we departed to explain how tipping worked. It just seemed a little excessive considering you don't have all that much time on-site before you have to return back to the port.

[YOUTUBE]IWcEvGBlxh0[/YOUTUBE]

No we did not. When we first met our room steward we politely requested twice a day service. We tipped Gilbert then, and the night before we left the ship. We saw Gilbert numerous times each day. I would recommend that if you need anything to either track down your steward, or call housekeeping. They'll take care of you.