Galapoges which ship and itinerary

kevi99

Originally Looking at June 2019 xploration southern route but now thinking Northern route we think better chance of seeing penguins . I know the 2 new ships haven't started sailing yet however now with 3 ships and 6 itineraries lots of choices. Looking for info how was xpedition and would you of preferred a smaller ship and which island were your favorites. Family really wants to see penguins so best itinerary for that is a must.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Xpedition in May 2016 for the "inner loop" and had a fabulous time, first class all the way. One of my priorities was to see the penguins and we were not disappointed.

I asked the cruise director, can't remember her name, about the new ships and her comment was she'd still recommend the Xpedition because of possible rough seas on a smaller vessel. My husband can have a problem with seasickness, but wore the patch and didn't have a problem on Xpedition.

Don't miss the snorkel opportunities offered, they were highlights of our trip!

During a future cruise presentation recently, we were informed that the smallest ship is for charter groups.

I had looked into the possibility of changing our booking to the Xploration, but due to cost and amenities onboard, decided to stick with the Xpedition.

You may wish to check our the posts here, tons of excellent information:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2069149

As far as itinerary, we looked at them side by side for hours on end - basically, there are a few subtle differences, but both marvelous. In the end, we chose a date (taking into consideration seasons, etc.) and price that were attractive.