Just off Island Princess Panama Canal with Kids

Zozizar

It was a real village. In fact, there was a Canadian staying with them for a week in one of the huts. He'd visited on an excursion years ago and liked it so much that instead of cruising to Panama, he comes and stays at the village every year.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Forums mobile app

It was a real village. In fact, there was a Canadian staying with them for a week in one of the huts. He'd visited on an excursion years ago and liked it so much that instead of cruising to Panama, he comes and stays at the village every year.

Great information, thanks again.

Last question, how was the canoe ride?

It was a long wooden canoe/ fishing boat with an outboard motor. I was a little disappointed until I realized how long the ride upriver would be without it. Even those with bad knees should be okay. My 72 yr old dad, who's waiting for knee surgery was able to get in and out.

It was a long wooden canoe/ fishing boat with an outboard motor. I was a little disappointed until I realized how long the ride upriver would be without it. Even those with bad knees should be okay. My 72 yr old dad, who's waiting for knee surgery was able to get in and out.

Here are some pics of the Embera excursion. e5197471b02ec12e54d819edd92c7104.jpg3fc52907cbe115029ff98ed30faba718.jpg93a8ba22baf62dd86c8fcb44b27b4344.jpg6c89389a5b3994059fa586b7c6118801.jpg

We did 17 days SF to FLL through the Panama Canal in late 2015. Least favorite stop for us on the itinerary was San Juan del Sur Nicaragua. The town looked like it had been through a civil war in the past few years - likely because it had. The beach wasn't safe to walk without shoes as there was glass, etc.

Probably our favorite port was Puntarenas Costa Rica.

Join the roll call thread for your cruise. Get with some other passengers and book a private tour in Cartegena. I would suggest Dora at http://cartagenatour.com/ If you have ever been to Mexico you may have thought there were a lot of street vendors trying to sell you stuff. Hah! You "ain't seen nothin" until you try Cartegena. Dora "protected" us from almost all of them and our group (8 people) had a great tour.

I