Can Anyone Tell me about CD Ashley?

We are going on Grandeur of the Seas this Sunday the 20th We have read that the CD's name is Ashley ? Can anyone tell us about her. Is she enjoyable? boring? good? We have not had her before and would like to know what to expect. This is a 13 night cruise so the CD is very improtant on a cruise of this length. Any help from your past experience with her would be helpful.

Thanks

She seemed a bit unsure of herself when we sailed with her back in September although she had just been transferred to the Grandeur. We did run into her at Ben & Jerry's and she seemed like a very nice person. Very friendly and personable. I personally don't feel a cruise director is all that important. I've cruised with talented ones and not so talented ones and it hasn't detracted from the cruise experience at all.

We were also on Ashley's first cruise on Grandeur. Our impression was that she may have been in over her head. She acted more like a social hostess than a CD. She seemed like a sweet person, but lacked the "presence" of most Cruise Directors that we have encountered. Having said that, we also agree with Kewlguy in that the CD is of minimal importance to us.

The only time we really went to anything she was involved with was the ice carving demo (we left after it was done) and she introduced the one dance show we went to in the evening. We hung out in the solarium pool area to avoid the "contests" and loud microphone noise that constantly seemed to be in use on the main pool deck. I for one could do without any cd on a cruise.

Archived