New to Norwegian.

Hypbmxgurl

Hey guys! We've only been on one cruise with Royal last year. Im.looking into booking a cruise for May 13th 2018 cruise on the escape. Looking forward to see if Norwegian maybe a little more kids friendly. When we go we will have a 3 and 7 year old. My question is I'm planning to book it here soon. Last time on royal we had an aft balcony and we loved it. Are the family balconies decent ? Not to sure what to expect. Which rooms are good to look into on the escape ? I know we won't be getting an aft this go around. We don't need anything huge just want to have room to move around in the room and on the balcony. Also trying to find a connecting room for friends.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I'm not sure about the family balconies; for us, even a mini suite was really cramped with 2 kids. But we also spent a lot of time in our cabin (naps for our then 3 year old, etc). Some families are happy in the tiniest on inside rooms, so it depends on how much space y'all are comfy with.

As long as your 3 yo is potty trained, they can both go to the kids club, but will be in different age groups. One of my kids LOVES splash academy, the other one is "meh" about it. If they go, they also practice for and put on a circus show on the last sea day.

There are lots of family friendly activities - cupcake decorating, towel animal making, games by the pool, the shows are mostly family friendly (the ones that aren't will tell you so). Kids even do karaoke in the early part of the evening.

Honestly, my kids LOVE sailing NCL, and we haven even been on the big ships yet.

The family balconies are pretty well identical to ordinary ones. The main difference is location.

All of the non suite rooms are fairly tight for a family of four, but with the ages of your kids I don't think it is too bad. They are not big though.

If you want room for all of you on the balcony then look into one of the B6 category (large balcony) or M6 (mini suite with large balcony), as these will give you much more room out there, the normal escape balconies are certainly very tight for 4 people and the large ones are often not a lot more expensive.

Aft balconies are also bigger, but can be quite a bit more expensive, although not always,

I think you will be fine in a regular balcony - especially if you get one where the bed drops down from the ceiling - it adds a lot of space. The seven year old has their own area up there. We did it with a 7, 10, and 12 year old (one kid was registered to my in laws room, but ended up staying in ours. We were fine. It was tight, but we had a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you guys for the replies!!it's actually the getaway not escape. I guess I read the wrong one. But now we are looking to see which would be better for kids. Eastern or western ? We went on a western cruise but visited Haiti, grand cayman, Jamaica and cozumel. I wouldn't mind going back to where we went in cozumel just looking at the excursions for both. It didn't seem that there where many excursions at the ports for the eastern cruise... the other western ports are different. I wish we could go back to Jamaica lol anyone with kids have any good reconditions? I like all inclusive for at couple ports. Just trying to find kid friendly excursions for eastern seems just about impossible. We also are not picky we don't need a ton of room. I may see if I can find one with a bigger balcony though. We loved ours!

We did both the Eastern and Western. Eastern was Escape and western was the getaway. Both ships are amazing so that's a draw. Maybe slight edge to the Escape.

For excursions, we did:

Western:

Ocho rios - private tour to blue hole, river rafting, and beach

CoZumel - dolphin swim and snorkel

Grand cayman - beach day

Eastern:

St. Thomas - private snorkel

Tortola - Escape to Jost Van Dyke

Nassau - Blue Lagoon Island

We have three kids (12, 11, 7 now) and they loved all excursions - both east and west. I really don't think you can go wrong with either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't say much about either ship but the kids program is wonderful. I have never heard a kid say anything but positive things about the program.One time a mother did get on CC and say she was not happy with it, but when asked her how her son enjoyed, she said he loved it. Go figure!:rolleyes:

I'm glad to hear the kids program is good!! I know on royal last year my son begged to go back. My other was still to little of course . I was hoping this go around me and my husband could have some time to explore the ship without the boys a little. Last time we carried our youngest in my eurgo most the trip lol our little guy will be 2 months shy of 4. So he better be potty trained by then lol