Disney Fantasy vs Norwegian Gem

gidgetgoes

If there is a better place for this topic please let me know- thanks!

My family has only cruised the Disney Fantasy, balcony cabin. We are cruising the Norwegian Gem March 29 out of NYC, also balcony cabin. Ten year old son. I'm wondering about the relative comparison between the size and the spaces. I've looked at the ship profiles, it looks like the Fantasy is bigger, but not by much. It looks like the Fantasy can hold many more passengers, but there aren't that many more staff, which seems good for the Gem. My son was not impressed with the Fantasy kids club, as he couldn't get into the tween club where they keep all the video games. Just wondering about the different feel between these two specific ships. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I haven't been on the Disney Fantasy, but I have cruised on the Disney Wonder and the Norwegian Gem. I had a balcony cabin on the Wonder and a Mini-Suite on the Gem. I would say the sizes were comparable. Overall, the Wonder felt more upscale to me. Food was comparable. The Buffet on the Gem was very crowded in the morning. It was really hard to find a table most days. I didn't have that problem on The Wonder. The Gem went into drydock shortly after I sailed on her in September, 2015, so some of my criticisms were addressed in that drydock, I believe. New atrium furniture, decor, etc.

The crew on the Gem was fantastic. Very helpful. Always smiling. I have no complaints about the crew on the Wonder, but the Gem crew went above and beyond.

I really enjoyed having the Ultimate Beverage Package included on the Gem cruise.

I can't comment on the Kids' Club on the Gem because we didn't have children with us.

Have fun!